Supplements, do they work?

Arne The Viking:
Absolutely too good to be true. Snake oil. Save your money.

There are medications that do increase appetite, some of which are available without prescription.

* This post does not constitute medical advice. ๐Ÿง

JustAnotherFeeder:
What about mass gainers? Are they an efficient way to get lots of calories into a feedee?

As Munchies says, shakes tend to be high protein, as they're intended for supplementing when trying to add muscle mass. There are carbohydrate-based shakes available, but there are much more enjoyable ways to consume carbs.

Heavy cream shakes seem to be generally regarded as the most effective "supplementary" source of calories.
4 months

I am not recommending that you research cyproheptadine. ๐Ÿ‘€
4 months

Absolutely too good to be true. Snake oil. Save your money.

There are medications that do increase appetite, some of which are available without prescription.

* This post does not constitute medical advice. ๐Ÿง
4 months

I don't care if i get banned.

Well done for reaching out. It isnโ€™t easy.

As youโ€™ve had the courage to do so here, I hope that you can take that courage and use it to reach out for some one-to-one support from one of the resources mentioned above.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I know how hard it can be to have hope when life is at a low ebb, but I promise you, cling on, and things will get better. And when they do, you will have renewed strength to pursue that which brings you fulfilment.

Sending love. Please stay safe.
4 months

Blackmail fantasy?

Humbly presenting my own story with blackmail themes:

fantasyfeeder.com/stories/view
9 months

Why do men visit my profile (iโ€™m male)?

All of the above, and, in the case of members with ambiguous avatars, gender is unclear until one has viewed their profile page.
1 year

Gender, hormones and fat distribution.

My fellow nerds might enjoy this fascinating article that I came across, which hypothesises about the reasons/processes by which men tend toward more abdominal, visceral fat more so than women.

www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphys.2019.01486/full

Takeaways for those without the time or inclination to read the full article:

As many of you will know, abdominal visceral fat is fat that accumulates within the abdominal cavity, in particular, the mesenteries and retroperitoneum. Visceral abdominal fat is the bad sort, the type that's associated with negative health implications.

Subcutaneous fat is the fun fun party fat that we all love so much. It lives beneath the skin in sexy af places and jiggles like I never want it to stop. Subcutaneous fat is not considered dangerous or unhealthy.

According to the hypotheses in the article, men tend to gain more abdominal visceral fat due to chylomicrons in males being bigger and in greater quantity than in women. After eating, these chylomicrons congest the lamina propria and the lymphatic system. This congestion predisposes the chylomicron triglycerides to hydrolysis by lipoprotein lipase (LPL). The liberated fatty acids are then stored by the nearby abdominal visceral adipocytes, leading to the accumulation of abdominal visceral fat.

Want to increase your chances of that tub of heavy cream going to the jiggly places?

Consume little and often, and move more.

The article states the observation that congestion in the lamina propria can be reduced by consuming calories more frequently and in smaller quantities, as opposed to chugging a pint of ice cream in one sitting, thus raising the chance your Ben & Jerry's will be stored as subcutaneous fat.

The lymphatic system, into which chylomicrons also drain, is a low-pressure circulatory system which, unlike the vascular system, does not have a pump (heart). Instead, fluid moves via compression from our muscles. The more we move, the more rapidly the fluids travel through the system. This enables greater distribution of calories consumed as a meal by carrying them away from the abdominal cavity. Alas, I can offer no informed opinion as to the optimal timing of your CrossFit session following a visit to Maccy D's.

It did occur to me that this might help to shed some light on the reported "delayed gain" phenomenon experienced by some when gaining with heavy cream. Merely brain-sketching here, but mesenteric visceral fat does drain into the vascular system, and so it's not unreasonable to wonder if a suddenly-bloated mesentery might drain more rapidly than normal, thus causing redistribution to subcutaneous fat stores later.

Hope at least someone finds this stuff as interesting as I do.
1 year

553,2 calories in 5 minutes and with 7 bites

EvilFeeder:
OP wrote โ€œ 553,2โ€ calories. Likely a typo I guess.

Jonahwales12:
...Germans use commas for decimal points.

Ah - of course. My Anglocentricism is showing again.
1 year

553,2 calories in 5 minutes and with 7 bites

EvilFeeder:
OP wrote โ€œ 553,2โ€ calories. Likely a typo I guess.

Itโ€™s fairly standard calorie content for flapjacks/oatmeal bars. As you say, these bars are pretty expensive for what they are.

DMVGrower:
I don't know many oatmeal bars with 553.2 Calories per bar. Tbh.

That was my point. You need to go back a page for context. OP seems to either believe these bars contain 5532 calories, or made a typo.

The bars contain 461 calories.
1 year
12345   loading