"searching for a story" thread

Dormammu12:
I'm looking for a story that involved feminization and dark themes. The general plot was that there was an organization of wealthy and powerful men who made a sport of capturing and fattening up effeminate, obese younger men. The title had the word "butterball", if I remember it correctly. If anyone has a now-defunct link, I might be able to locate it on archive.org. Thanks very much.

I don't have a link but I'm pretty sure the story you're referring to is Club Butterfat by Softpearboy. It's a shame the author decided to delete their account, it was a great story.
2 years

Fav shaming fic/dumbing down fics

I've been enjoying SLDB's stories on here quite a lot recently. Most of them have some aspect of dumbing down.
3 years

Writers of ff

Thanks for all the replies to this post. I would still love to hear from more people.
3 years

Writers of ff

marakinsis:
For me, the scenario always come first - I'll get some idea of oh, hey, this would be pretty cool to write about - it'll probably be a fleeting glimmer of arousal from something entirely unrelated that I'll make a note of and develop into something writable later. I have a couple on my phone right now.

Ha, yes, I definitely think the Notes app on the phones of most people who write wg fiction would make some interesting reading.

Thanks for the reply. To be honest I'd never stumbled across any of your writing before so I'm having a nice time working my way through your stories.

marakinsis:

I do a lot of writing elsewhere and for me the scenario/situation/core concept always comes first. I know writers who focus on characters, and writers who will write a whole thing just to set up a funny line they thought of, and there's no wrong approach - just different ways of enjoying it.

One thing I don't want, personally, is long plots with highly-developed characters, and I see so many of those that honestly it's gotten to the point where if I see a story where the main character is even named, I just skip it. If I wanted to read an actual story with character development and the like, I'd look elsewhere - the chance of a writer being really good at both actual story stuff and feederism stuff is super slim. (But maybe that's why I've not yet been able to get into rp.)

Well, I'm not as strict as you. I do feel like a bit of character development can heighten things if the story has a shame/humiliation theme (which tbh is very much My Thing) and if the quality of the writing is good enough I can enjoy something that's more character/plot development but yeah... I do feel like this website's very limited criteria for "quality" is very skewed towards very long stories posted in multiple parts while shorter stories (which tend to be the pure feedist smut/erotica) sink very quickly.
3 years

Writers of ff

LitMistress:
Oh boy, I love talking about my writing process, thanks for asking.

Most my stories (unsurprisingly) stem from my own fantasies, what I find most enjoyable. Usually just scenes will crop into my head, and I'll give it a lot of thought and see if it can expand.

TBH, most can't. The most they can be is short stories, if not just basically one scene.

Thanks for the very thoughtful reply, LitMistress. Would you ever post any one shots or is there a reason why you prefer to post longer stories with a plot and some form of overarching meaning? Just curious because I enjoy reading a lot of one shots and stories that don't go beyond well written smut but find that sort of thing difficult to write myself. Most of my stories either start with a scenario or a weight gain story trope that I'd like to put my own twist on but find it impossible to proceed without a sense of who the characters are as for me this informs the power dynamic between the main characters and where the main conflict/tension of the plot comes from.

I guess it's just human nature to admire/envy people who have skills that you lack but over time I've stopped feeling deprived of being a more prolific pure smut peddler and just leaned into being more character focused. I've definitely found it's been a benefit of getting back into writing after a long hiatus that it's not that difficult to pick up stories where they were left off because it's fairly easy to slip back into characters and in a way they "tell me" what's going to happen next.

LitMistress:

Once I know what it's about, once I know it has legs, an outline kinda just forms in my head? I know the ending of any longer piece I make (except a few of the earlier ones... wonder why I didn't finish them. Though I do know DD's ending, I just had Life come up which kept me from completing it... yet). I know the major "tent poles" if you will, the major moments that drive the story. I don't always know the smaller moments and I feel like I discover a lot along the way. Sometimes I have to change tent pole moments when I've realize my story no longer built to them or my characters no longer did (i.e. Did you know Ari in TBTH was supposed to have a brother that passed away? Of course not, it later proved to not be important to the story).

Ah yeah, Dream Dungeon was a great story. Hopefully you'll find the time and mental/life space to finish it. Just wondering what's the most unexpected way one of your stories has changed during the writing process?
3 years

Writers of ff

Some questions for my fellow writers of FF just out of curiousity: do you start writing with a character, plot or a scenario first. Where do your story ideas come from? Do you post your stories with a firm plot structure/plan in place or do you let the story evolve as you write?
3 years

Who changed the navigation coding?

fatcoach119:
yeah this is a pretty terrible change. Not sure how removing the "jump to last" button makes anything simpler for anybody, just means you have to load page after page especially in the forum view, where the most recent content is still shown last.

Yeah, have to say I've been finding this one quite irritating recently too and to be honest it's just basic lack of functionality like this that makes me just think "Oh, never mind." and puts me off browsing a lot of content that people have put effort into on here.

Most writers on here post their stories episodically rather than completed work so surely makes sense to have a button to jump to the last page so you can go directly to the latest update? The fact that people have had to come up with work around using the URL also suggests there's a need/demand for it.
3 years

Recently updated stories

BigBumSuzy:
I stop by the site pretty much daily to read the stories.
I filter by recently updated so that I don't miss anything but there seems to be a problem with this function.
Of the top 20 most recently updated stories, 16 are by the same author.
A lot of these are premium so I can't tell if they've been updated or not but they all have THE CONCLUSION TO DEER SEASON WILL BE POSTED JULY 8.....THEN, WE'LL START A NEW STORY..."Witch Way...Do you want me?" Written in the little description.
If this is the only update perhaps the function needs to search for recently updated titles with new chapters added as I'm pretty sure no one using it to search for new content wants to read stories that were finished years ago.

GrowingLoveHandles:
I think this is this author's attempt to promote his newest writing. While I don't like this, I can't fault him for his entrepreneurship and ability to game the system a bit for his own financial advantage.

Capitalism, people. I may not like it, and I may not put my stories on premium, but I can't really blame those who do.

Yeah, it’s not very good etiquette and unfortunate that the current layout makes it easier to take up an unfair amount of space at the top if you’re so inclined.

But then again I would say, for all the people who will click on those stories, there’s an equal number who will avoid them for that very reason so it’s a bit of a gamble and not particularly worth it on the author’s part to game the system like that. In my opinion anyway.
3 years

What do you feel is missing in current content that could be filled?

BlackjackandBerries:
Thank you! Also, agreed, I think I'd like to see a variety of old folklores from different cultures for sure.

There's a lack of feederism stories that have a plot. I enjoy the quick "get to the point" fattening stories, but sometimes its nice to retreat to an entirely different world and watch the characters engage in these kinks with some depth and something going on in their world.

Speaking of folklore, I’ve always wanted to do a feedism themed version of Christina Rossetti’s long poem Goblin Market. Basically it’s a very beautiful fairytale of temptation and forbidden fruit that could easily be adapted into a weight gain story. I’m only getting into writing again after a very long hiatus and have about 4 unfinished stories as it is so probably shouldn’t take on anything else. But if anyone else fancies a project that involves crafting an interesting narrative then I would love to see it.
3 years

What do you feel is missing in current content that could be filled?

stevita:
I would really love to see more genre fiction in weight gain circles. Give me fat or gaining detectives, vampires, space mercenaries, residents in Small Towns where Weird Stuff Keeps Happening, suburban drug kingpins forced into manufacturing contraband to keep their families afloat, cursed pirates, Royal concubines...basically take all the stuff people already love reading about and Make It Fat.

Twigzybird on here and Shrubberylogistics on Deviantart do a good job of exploring a wide range of genres in their weight gain fiction. It’s a difficult balance to strike though and takes a lot of talent to balance theme, plot, character development etc while keeping fat at the forefront of the story.
3 years
123   loading