What was your first “im getting so fat” moment?

One of my first wad when I popped a button on my favorite pants and the button flew about 6 feet!
5 months

Who was thin and got fat

Started at 150 and can now add 200 to that!
1 year

“damn, i’m fat”

I went to a mom pop restaurant last night but had it to get it to go because I knew their cheap plastic chairs was not going support my weight.
1 year

Diaries/vlogs

Cameron22:
I was wondering if anyone kept regular diaries or vlogs of their gaining journeys, how they feel, thoughts, what is going on in their life, recipes, weight, measurements, videos etc? Sorry if this is in the wrong area I'm new to all this

I’m glad you brought this topic up! Earlier this summer I was purging and came across an old journal of my gaining that I recorded religiously till 2013. My recommendation to any one starting gaining is to keep a journal. It was amazing to go back and relive those memories. I recorded my eating patterns, binging challenges, comments I received, weigh in’s and measurements. Some of the things I thought were trivial then looking back were monumental changes. Just little changes that I did not fully appreciate like popping a button in public were so fun to revisit. I stopped regular entries when I was about 265. I enjoyed reading “ “I’m getting big!” Thinking now I was not even close to done. The one fun interesting theme I noticed was how many times I wrote “I’m satisfied at this size” only to repeat it again and again as the number on the scale and measuring tape went higher and higher!
2 years

When did it hit that you're fat.

When people who have not seen me in a while respond with a “ whoa!” Or “wow!”
3 years

Fattest of your friends/family

I’m for sure the largest in my family and circle of friends. Some of them accept that. During the pre Covid era when dining out some of my friends and co workers are nice enough to request a table knowing I’m not going to fit in a booth.
3 years

What is life like after a 100lbs gain?

I think it also matters where you start. My first 100 was 150 to 250. I could move around the world with out much thought. Clothes did not fit perfect like before but I could still pull stuff off the rack at my local retailer. As I am approaching the next 100 pound milestone it is a whole new ball game. Lot of the spontaneity is gone. Have to research restaurants for tables instead of booths. Throw in extra planning for travel. Also extra conscious where I sit in public. if I will fit in the chair or if it will support my weight.
3 years

Do you ever really notice how far you've gotten?

NYCBlimp:
My back and other parts tend to send a reminder of the bill being past due from cutting loose stuffing/eating overnight a week plus ago.

WideJuan76:
I understand that feeling all too well

NYCBlimp:
Wise person told me that it goes with the territory. It does beat withdrawal or other alternatives.

Same here. I got my “ big person” chair at work this week that reminds me and others how far I have come.
3 years

When you became fat, did people treat you differently?

I started gaining at 150. When the weight really started to show people that knew me as skinny thought that I was depressed and sad. Once my boss took to me lunch. A place known for their salads and had an “honest” conversation with me about possibly having a binge eating disorder. Why else would I be gaining so much weight? Those in my life “ felt sorry for me” because as they put it I would not find a wife and letting my “ best years pass me by”. When I moved away to attend grad school new people in my life only ever knew me as fat. They were able to see my life was full and I was living good.
3 years

Fat lifestyle tips?

When picking something up off the floor I prefer a modified squat versus bending over as the weight of the belly can take you off balance. Also when boarding a plane ask the flight attendant for a seat belt extender the moment you board.
3 years
12345   loading