Club indulge - xmas party london

I can't this time, but yeah - at some point it'll be nice catching up again smiley
2 years

English to american

well there's tea the drink or tea as an alternative work for dinner.

"I'm going to have a cup of tea with my tea"

and as for the 5th floor, I've no idea.
My only guess is if they call when the enter the shop (store) the first floor. Whereas we call it the ground floor, like a 0 floor, and the counting only begins when you start going up in the lift (elevator)
8 years

London pub meet - fri 30th jan

Depending on trains, I might well make an appearance
9 years

Weight affecting furniture

I broke a few of my old desk chairs, and my bed

... but the bed was old anyway, and the chair legs were made of plastic.

Current chair = metal. Therefore strong.

...the wheels though, not so much
9 years

Men abaondon fat date (dm)

chubbyhoney wrote:
The overriding message I got from this was not that it is bad to be fat. I don't even think the experiment is anything to do with lying on a dating site or proving that fat is unattractive, I took it to be a social experiment on the reactions of the people who showed up towards fat people as a whole. The most noticeable thing about the video to me, was that the men thought it was fine to be rude or nasty to the woman, one even said he was going to the bathroom and just left her.

However, on the video where it was a man in a fat suit, whilst all of the women acknowledged that the man looked different to his photo, not one of them were rude to him.

That is much more interesting to me than the lying-on-your-profile thing.

That is the interesting point yeah - same experiment, but all the girls stayed and talked with him

9 years

Deadline stress snacking

Figured it was a fun topic that I haven't seen discussed .

Whenever I've been getting close to a deadline - right now, it's the dissertation for my masters - I get stressed, so tend to pack more snacks in.

Already had a muffin, some chocolate and a doughnut - and I know I'm gonna have some cheesecake later.

So anyone want to share similar stories?
9 years

Booze

JulesTeak wrote:
I've got quite a sweet pallete, so nothing too bitter:
-bacardi breezers
-vodka and orange
-koppaberg cider

yourselfs?

Wow, didn't know anyone had revived this thread smiley

I haven't touched a breezer or a Vodka and Orange in years, I'm pretty much exclusively sweet ciders, if I can help it:
-Koppaberg
-Rekorderlig
-Brothers
-Jacques

though if the place hasn't got any of those, I'd compromise on something similar
9 years

Breaking furniture

-I run jumped into my bed and broke the slats (though it was an old bed)

-Fell back onto the sofa and broke the slats (though it was an old sofa in frequent use.)

-Broken a few office chairs... no excuse on those
9 years
12345   loading