General

Fans of hockey and favorite hockey teams

blackhawks of course
13 years

Not a big hockey fan overall. But this time, I'm going for the Blackhawks.
13 years

Though I often wish I could stop loving them I'm a lifelong Caps fan... each year is a new stab in the gut.
13 years

BubbleButtBoy wrote
New Jersey Devils, but the Caps are a close second. I dislike how much the Caps have commercialized their team- It's a disturbing trend in DC, one that has infected our baseball team as well!

I disagree good sir. I am a Capitals fan and longtime DC area native, and I don't think they are being commercialized. Sure, they have the best player in the NHL right now, but the Caps are just getting better. They have been on the rise since 2007 and they are not even at their peak. They seem commercialized in the DC area because its the only sport DC can talk about without feeling ashamed. Except for the Washington Nationals' Stephen Strasburg.

He is being commercialized because that's all we have.

DC is just trying to keep hope alive that a championship will come our way. Until then, we only hear about the good teams.
13 years

I agree with Max here... Leonsis has done an amazing job not only building the team back up but also getting people in DC excited for hockey again. In some ways that does take a little bit of commercialization, but really I'm up for whatever keeps American fans in hockey arenas.
13 years