General

Proper amount of children

Bella wrote
Hmm, I don't really think the amount of children one has or is capable of having has any connection to parenting skills.

Bingo Bango Boom!

Parenting is pretty hard but the basics should be instincutal, however, i know from experience, a memeber of my family has ZERO maternal instinct and yet has 3 kids, shes also a single mother, which just makes it worse.

Everyone else in my family can see it and we feel so much for the poor kids, however the mother is extremely fragile and volatile and will not accept ANY criticism as it appears as a personal attack on her and things just get even messier...

It really is sad to see things like this, but i do think its a minority, the vast majortiy of mothers, although they may struggle are doing the best they know how to do.

Also, kids have been born in 3rd world countries for an eternity, so that they can grow up and work and support the family. Over pro-creating is not something new restricted to the western world.
13 years

As Ruby said, I think these issues are very very complicated. Overdetermined, or multifactorial, or whatever synonym you prefer.

Some parents are genuinely bad parents. Some badly behaved children are badly behaved for reasons other than bad parenting. Some events you see in public are routine for that family; others are aberrations. Some children simply can't keep still, so leashes are necessary, but some uses of leashes are not at all necessary and just laziness.

And on and on.

As for number of children, again, very complicated. It has to do with money, time, personalities of parents AND children, and so on.

HOT TIP FOR THE DAY: There is no formula.
13 years

JustinNasty wrote
I want my kids to have siblings to back them up through life and move throughout the world.

Exactly, my dad is an only child and he always enforces the idea on the rest of us that it is just too lonely, so better to at least have two kids.

lol doesn't mean my bros and sis don't drive me insane, but hey, at least i got them smiley
13 years

lovely_plumper wrote
eeep I just found out I'm going to be an aunt my 19 year old sister my baby sister is going to have a baby!! XD omg I'm worried smiley

lol so can i still say congratulations?
13 years