General

I'd like to express exactly how i feel about the term, "fat admirer."

Personally, I prefer to say that I'm an average guy who likes above average women.

I've never been comfortable with the term "FA", both that and (SS)BBW just sound so false when spoken.

Does anyone have any idea as to how old these terms are, or where they were first used? Never having seem them before about 15 years ago they seem to me to be an invention of internet users, but, believe it or not, there was life before the internet! smiley
13 years

lol this seems to be the perfect example of the difference between men and women on this site (well most anyway).

Most guys come to find a chic thats fat cause it turns them on, while most girls come to find a guy who doesn't have a problem with them being fat, yet the two don't quite match up...

AliceInWonderland wrote
Hi Nicholas. I like you smiley

Except you of course missy smiley
13 years

Labels describe. They do not define.

Everyone will be much happier about it once they realize this.
13 years

Labels work, they're an heuristic, a mental short. To use a feckin' horrible cliche[sic]:
you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

It's getting past the labels that's important.

I still think that if you sit there and listen to yourself saying the letters B.B.W slowly and in a clear voice the letters by themselves make sense but running them together just doesn't work very well. it just sounds ungainly, awkward and with no grace, which certainly isn't an accurate representation and most unflattering. They're an odd grouping of letters, "W" in particular looks a lot better than it sounds. smiley To me they're acronyms to be written down and understood implicitly without being spoken.

I'm pretty sure this makes no sense, blame the lager I've been drinking, but I'm going to post this anyway.

If I've caused offense in some way I apologise and if you think I'm an arse for what I've written then please call me one.
13 years

I am an FA. smiley And I like this term. Fat (women) admirer is what I am. smiley This term perfectly describes me. smiley
I have no clue what's wrong with this term.
13 years

TubbyBoy wrote
The people who reduce us to one thing do so to disenfranchise us...

Self-identification is helpful because it leads us to finding communities.

They may want to use labels to limit me, but I always remember its not the label that offends, its what the label means.

^^ This. Smart man. When we label ourselves, it can be very very useful. When other people label us, it is often subtractive, that is, meant to lessen us. (Though not always, which is important.) And finally, the problem isn't with the label, but with the intent to lessen us.

I'm glad to know FAs, feeder, and feedees, even though I find not a single one of those terms especially congenial.
13 years

zonker25 wrote
winterstocking wrote

(That said, I dig the FFA label, particularly saying it out loud. Tee hee hee.)

You have to wonder what the Future Farmers of America think when they try googling FFA...

...and, by the way, where can I find an FFA alumnae who has experience growing a prize-winning hog?

ROFLMAO, I'd never really thought of it like that xD
13 years

Very clever, hon. But still, let's try not to snark, shall we? smiley
13 years