General

Fat art

Hi, all,

I was photographed recently for a story on feeding for a UK newspaper, and the photographer was talking about taking inspiration from Jenny Saville's paintings. I hadn't seen them in a while, so I went to look afterwards.

Her style is difficult for some people, but I'm always really taken with her work. So I thought about starting this thread for people to post images of and links to images of fat bodies in art works, from either famous works or your own.

Here are two fat blogs with some images to have a look at:

tinyurl.com/5cm3m8

tinyurl.com/5cm3m8

What do you think of these works? Do you have a favourite fat artist? Do you like looking at paintings, sculpture, and photography of fat bodies? Comments, please!
13 years

Fat art

Lot of Deviant art accounts with "Fat Art" smiley
13 years

Fat art

I prefer Saville's to Freud's, myself, but I think both are interesting and compelling. Two more links for your contemplation and delectation:

Mary Mc's Fat Acceptance Fat Art and Artists page. List of links to fat art. I love some of these, perhaps most particularly this one--www.artmozaik.com/Curves.html

Adipositivity Project, at <www.artmozaik.com/Curves.html. I love this project, I love the artist, and I even love her name--Substantia Jones.

Thoughts?
13 years

Fat art

juicy wrote
Adipositivity Project, at adipositivity.com. I love this project, I love the artist, and I even love her name--Substantia Jones.

Love this one, it is so beautiful and artistic, the kind of stuff we should be using to bring fat acceptance and even appreciation to the world. smiley
13 years

Fat art

Well, I didn't really think most posters would be up for a long discourse on the use of light, for instance. Happy to have the conversation go in that direction if that's what folks want, though!
13 years

Fat art

and this:
13 years
attachment

Fat art

I quite like that sculpture, actually. And it's tactile, too--soft and squeezable. smiley

OK, fat men, here we come--none other than Rubens' Bacchus:
13 years
attachment

Fat art

Who knew that no one is interested in fat men?

OK, here's another one from a great set of images. You can see the rest at: www.substantialbeauty.com/port/gallery.htm
13 years
attachment

Fat art

I love Botero. I used to work around the corner from these:

www.nycarthur.com/Botero%20Sculpture/index.htm
13 years