General

Favorite live band?

mmmm Tool was amazing
but so was Ramstein, disturbed, marilyn manson, die antwoord, edward sharpe
ughh i dont know lol
ah pearl jam was also great
11 years

Favorite live band?

for sheer atmosphere alone I'd have to say Pendulum, with Arctic Monkeys and Noel Gallagher's high flying birds aclose second and third
11 years

Favorite live band?

cb25 wrote:
Iron Maiden. Even well into their 50s they know how to bring it.

Up the Irons!
Saw them at Leeds festival 2005, it was amazingly good. What really stood out was that they played loads from their 1st album, including "Phantom of the Opera", note perfect. They were the stars of that festival.

However, the most iconic performance was seeing The Pixies for the first time at "T in the Park 2004". Not only were they fantastic live, but it felt like the whole of Scotland came out to pay homage to them, never seen a crowd reaction like that, before, or since. That whole festival was incredible though, just look up who was playing and you can see it was the best festival ever.

Best individual gig was The Damned at the Odeon Hammersmith (now the Apollo) in 1982. They even played a full version of "curtain Call" with Rat Scabies doing a drum solo that must have lasted at least 7-8 minutes and even had Robert Fripp as a guest guitarist for a few songs. The whole gig was so epic, they seemed to be playing for a lot longer than a usual gig (but this was when they were at the height of their popularity and arguably had the best line up), it will always last in my memory.
11 years

Favorite live band?

I went out to see Diesel live a couple of years ago, although my best night out to see a band is a band one of my mates plays in.
11 years

Favorite live band?

Nickelback is the best big name that i've seen live. But I do enjoy some of the local and smaller acts. I've got a mate who's in a band, actually saving up to do a couple of gigs in the states.
11 years

Favorite live band?

Sabbath or Rainbow, but that was a long time ago smiley
10 years

Favorite live band?

How have I not posted in this thread already?

Of Montreal at Koko were superb live, the details of their choreography and costumes involved were just brilliant.

Les Savy Fav, Islington Academy and Kensington town Forum. whenever I have seen them live they more energy than most bands could ever hope for. Tim Harrington the front man seems to go into a zone of lunacy, the second time I saw them his bare, naked, winky touched me <3

The Mountain Goats, at Bush Hall. The first time I saw John Darnielle in the flesh, the man has a busy mind. His conversational skills and anecdotes draw you in and give instant warmth, the staff tried to make everyone stand up as almost the entire room was sat cross legged on the floor, Mr D was having none of it though.

Probably the three most memorable single shows. Honourable mentions to God Speed You Black Emperor, The Flaming Lips, Rammstein, The Chemical Brothers and Black Sun Empire.
10 years

Favorite live band?

I will say NRBQ - especially Before Big Al Anderson left the group 93-94.
10 years

Favorite live band?

Iron Maiden & Dream Theater. Seeing them tour together a few years back was amazing!
10 years

Favorite live band?

Hmm, I'm going to either go for either the Hives or Streetlight Manifesto.
10 years
12   loading