Story authors

Long, drawn out stories

quick fap

but that's just how some of us shallow,
non-romantic males like our buttons pushed.

easier to write, too.
10 years

Long, drawn out stories

Why not both?

When I want to get off, there are a handful of short and to the point stories I can read and get on with my life. Somebody eats a bunch, gets fatter and fatter, and they live happily ever after.

However, I really enjoy reading. There are several stories I've read over the years that were long and drawn out that I enjoyed. A well written story with character development and plot would be wonderful.
10 years

Long, drawn out stories

I've been trying to combine the two elements in The Consort, and I hope that I'm doing alright with that.
10 years

Long, drawn out stories

Im glad to see people like long stories bc i saw this and was like "no im doing it all wrong" glad that's not the case
10 years

Long, drawn out stories

I think part of the trick is to "hook" the reader from the beginning - if you start out with characters that raise people's interest, then you have some leverage to give them background as you go by.

that...and descriptive detail that can paint images in a reader's mind. done correctly a well written story can generate acute physical sensations that sometimes (i've been told) are more intense than in real life.
8 years

Long, drawn out stories

I enjoy a long detailed story. Esically when it comes to the gaining, stuffing, and clothing issiues, and the affects of getting fat.
6 years

Long, drawn out stories

I personally do not like the extremely short stories. I tend not to bother reading anything less than five chapters as the ones that are less than that are often unfinished, or so poorly written that I struggle to get beyond chapter one anyway.
I prefer a story with chapters longer than the minimum 2000 words too as the writer had time to develop a theme. However, I do understand that a writer may wish to put in a short chapter amongst the long ones for literary effect. I have read books before where one chapter = one word. But that one word is very well chosen to heighten the suspense!
Maybe I don’t like the fap because I’ve got a female mind!
5 years

Long, drawn out stories

Just have to preface this by saying that at the very moment as I was thinking of Skittle’s stories, and Cresil, I ran across her post on this thread, lol.

My answer would be long, short, and everything in between. I prefer short and sweet to long and pointless, but I greatly prefer long writing if it’s good. Honestly, and this may sound a little sexist, though I am a guy, I think about erotic stories in terms of female arousal. Story foundation, erotic foundation, then foreplay. Then moments and climaxes that (ideally) gradually build on and develop each other, both as stories, art, and highly erotic fap material, all together. Each climax should set up for and gradually flow into the next, not hurried necessarily, but intentional, and yet also surprising, and, of course, satisfying. But also achieving a new level of tension upon the current resolution. And, ideally (again), each new climax, since it’s built on all the ones previous, should reach similar or greater heights, though not necessarily in every way or at every time. And certainly, there is room for longer and slower development with subclimaxes in between.

Not that any of my stories have every achieved that, lol. But here’s to tomorrow!
5 years

Long, drawn out stories

Aquarius64:
I personally do not like the extremely short stories. I tend not to bother reading anything less than five chapters as the ones that are less than that are often unfinished, or so poorly written that I struggle to get beyond chapter one anyway.

It seems many other people think like you, because my one long story got ten times as much attention that the shorter ones. Even though I now decided to write many short but finished stories instead of one long one. I have several other plans for short stories, which are designed to be short but finished. But it seems there is not much interest in this genre around here...

Take a look at the typical 2000 char intro chapter with horrible spelling and grammar, full with cliches (starting with a name, height, weight and job/studies as the first sentence, but no other characterization following it), where nothing ever happens besides the main character to start stuffing inexplicably, then it all ends with a promise that more chapters will be coming (not forgetting to add that promise to the title). This will gather a lot of views, likes, and encouraging comments to add more chapters.

On the other hand, a 10k-20k fully finished 10-minute story will get at best a lukewarm reception.

So it seems (with notable exceptions) most people will favor a simplistic fap-material instead of literature.
5 years

Long, drawn out stories

curiousv:
It seems many other people think like you, because my one long story got ten times as much attention that the shorter ones.

Part of that may be that the more chapters you have, the more views you have.
5 years