General

Pokemon! ^_^

I've been playing Pokémon Y and I'm still on my first run since the release, as I'm taking it all slow.

Personally, I feel that the game play is a bit faster than the other games, but it could just be me.

Sadly, I had to stop for a bit as I've been searching for a paper I had of Pokémon that I would like to EV/IV train and I can barely remember what Natures I wanted for each of them.

The game's been fun though and I'm hoping to see some huge downloadable contents after the release of Pokémon Bank.

Here's my Friend Code, but I won't really be on until the release of Bravely Default. XD

Friend Code: 0919-9924-4570.

I have yet to reach the Friend Safari part, so I won't be of much help for folks. smiley
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Pokemon Bank is live... but only for Japan, Europe, Australia and New Zealand so far.

Pokémon Bank has been re-added to the Japanese eShop for all to download. This has been done with an update for all players who previously downloaded for both Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter. The patch is said to add countermeasures to prevent the software from causing the servers to overload. The free trial for this software has been extended with it ending on February 21st 2014.

Pokémon Bank has finally gone live in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. This game is automatically at Version 1.1 and it has been announced that the 30 day free trial is redeemable until March 14th 2014. North American release is still unclear.
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

SlenderTurtleBlurtle wrote:
Here's my Friend Code, but I won't really be on until the release of Bravely Default. XD

Friend Code: 0919-9924-4570.

Ive added your Friend Code Mine is 0404-6611-4133
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

PokeBank is now available for North Americans!! I've already been using it, it was out February 5th here.
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

A new legendary Pokemon, Diancie (Rock/Fairy) is due to be released soon. It's said to be a sudden transformation of Carbink, hence the many similarities. It will also star along with Yveltal (and possibly Xerneas) in the new movie 'The Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie'.

Also if you want to see what over 50,000 people playing a game of Pokemon Red/Blue together is like, have a look here:

twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Basically everyone gets to type in something out of a/b/up/down/left/right/start/select into the chat, and a bot inputs it into the game. I think they've managed to get into Celadon City after a few days. Also they keep selecting the Helix Fossil for some reason which is making people a little nuts and start worshipping it.

This being one of the results: askhelixfossil.com/

Whether they'll be able to make it to the end of the game given various ledges and screwing up Strength-moving boulder puzzles remains to be seen.
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Yup, and over 70,000 people are playing now. They're on Cinnabar Island at this time of writing with 7 of the badges so far. Also Pidgeot is Bird Jesus, the Helix Fossil has been revived and Lord Helix the Omanyte is in his rightful place in the party, and the Dome Fossil's representative within the party was Flareon the False Prophet, showing Flareon still can't get a break any time, anywhere.

Also an anarchy vs democracy mode was added which works by votes on it's own. Anarchy works as originally planned by listening to all inputs, democracy means the game will only listen to moves chosen by the majority of players in an attempt to make it through some of the mazes without screwing up horribly with ease. They also managed to release 12 Pokemon in one recent day, it being known as Bloody Sunday.

An article on it: joystiq.com/2014/02/22/twitch-plays-pokemon-its-history-highlights-and-bird-jesus/

And a document that archives the current progress: sites.google.com/site/twitchplayspokemonstatus/

10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Two updates from Serebii; one for a promotion where you can get a free download of Pokemon X or Y in the US in March, and another noting the conclusion of online services for Pokemon DS and Wii games in May.

Pokémon X & Y - Free Distribution

Following a rumour last week, it has been confirmed by Nintendo of America that, for people who live in the United States of America, if you purchase a Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS as well as one game of the following: Yoshi's New Island, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D or Mario Kart 7, and register them on the Club Nintendo website, you will receive a free download copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y. This promotion only runs in March 2014 so be sure to get it while you can

(actually if you haven't registered your 3DS/2DS already, you probably wouldn't need to buy a new one, just get one of the games and register)
Pokémon - Online Services

Nintendo has announced that, as of May 20th 2014, all online services across the DS and Wii games will terminate. This means that you will not be able to go online with any of the following Pokémon games: Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon HeartGold, Pokémon SoulSilver, Pokémon Battle Revolution, Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, Pokémon White 2, My Pokémon Ranch, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia & Pokémon Conquest. All online features of these games will be inaccessible, regardless of the console you play them on. All 3DS and Wii U games will continue to be playable online.
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

More news about a Boutique Discount Coupon that's about to run out:

Pokémon X & Y - Discount Coupon

For those of you with Pokémon X & Y, the special Discount Coupon promotion on the Pokémon Global Link is scheduled to end on Monday. This promotion, available in the PokéMileage Club on the Global Link site, gives you a download of the rare Discount Coupon item, which gives you 50% off on one transaction at any Boutique across the Kalos region. This item cannot be traded. Be sure to download it while you can
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Also Twitch Plays Pokemon has concluded it's stream.

digitalspy.com.au/gaming/news/a554787/twitch-plays-pokemon-completes-pokemon-red-after-16-days.html

The Indigo Plateau took more than 20 attempts, with the party's level 81 Zapdos delivering the final blow against Blue's Blastoise after 16 days, 7 hours, 45 minutes and 30 seconds.

Final battles also shown here:

The Twitch channel's creator recently revealed plans to continue with Twitch Plays Pokemon with the second generation - either Gold, Silver or Crystal.

The anonymous designer said earlier this week: "I've received a lot of requests to continue with the Pokemon franchise after the Elite Four and the Pokemon Champion get defeated, so I'm going to do that.

"I'm still deciding which of the generation two Pokémon games to go with."
10 years

Pokemon! ^_^

Actually X and Y make you to pick one of the original three starter Pokemon (Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle) shortly after beating the first gym which is a nice touch, so if one hates the new Pokemon you could just replace your new starter with one of the original trio lol.

Santalune Forest is pretty much identical in Pokemon content (Weedle/Caterpie/Pikachu/etc), placing (comes before the first gym) and design to Viridian Forest on purpose, probably for that reason too, as well as Pidgey, Psyduck and Farfetch'd showing up in the near vicinity too, with Abra, Doduo, Oddish and Snorlax showing up not long after. Could probably easily go through the game with a team made of Gen 1 Pokemon overall. There's plenty scattered throughout the game.

10 years
23456   loading