General

What causes a fat fetish?

good question
10 years

Fetishism is probably one of the most complex aspects of human psychology. Pretty much anything that creates a sexual or emotional connection to food or fat can lead to developing a fat-related fetish, from being scolded as a child for overeating to simply having had a fat sexual partner.

In my case, I think it started with a childhood attraction to pregnant women, which evolved to include fat women who looked pregnant. Sometime in my teens fat supplanted pregnancy as my primary fetish and grew to include many aspects of fat and weight gain, both in women and men/myself.
10 years

What causes a fat fetish? When I was younger, I grew up with several fat aunts and cousins. I looked up to them as my role models. So therefore, I too became fat.
10 years

That is a very good question and I have no answer for it.
The only thing for me that is even close to a fetish is womens feet I just love them.
As far as me being over weight thats just my preference.
I don't dwell on it or think about it all day.
10 years

dizzydaisy wrote:
When I was a kid there was this cartoon I watched, and I will never remember what in the world it was called, but the character was for some reason force fed pies until they got really, really big. That was the first time I was ever physically turned on by anything. I was quite young, I didn't even know what I was feeling at the time and wouldn't for many more years.

So, I've been into this since about as long as I can possibly remember.

But as for what causes it? I have no idea.

You might be thinking of "Pigs is Pigs" (pie part is about a minute and a half in). A whole bunch of feedists I know point to this as an early experience.
10 years

I can't speak to the phenomenon as a whole, nor can I even explain the causes of my own fat fetish, but my experience suggests that while it is partially rooted in culture, it is also something which is genetically encoded.

When I was five, I was watching a cartoon where a female character mentioned that she was getting fat and even without an accompanying visualization, I was immediately aroused. After that, any time a woman or tv or one of my mom's friends would say something similar, I would just be fired up. Several years later, when I was 10 or 11, a family friend came over and had noticeably gained weight. Six months before, she had been long and lean to the point of being stringy. Now, she had a full-blown potbelly. She caught me staring and though I now realize that she probably enjoyed the recognition, at the time I was afraid that she might have mistaken my look for one of shock or disgust. After I had looked, and I imagine that my parents had given her some looks as well (they were shocked by it later when I overheard them talking), she said that she had simply let herself go and that she was just enjoying her life.

It was only after that incident that I understood that weight gain could be arousing to someone other than me and was therefore in the realm of the socially possible. But even without that event, I'm sure that I would have learned to articulate my preference sooner or later, perhaps in a relationship where some unintentional gain had occurred.

I do admit that I find the "naughty" aspect of weight gain and being fat to be appealing, but that is centered in the physical pleasure that seeing round bellies, big butts, and thick thighs gives me.
10 years

I too have memories of moments pre-puberty which make me believe that I was born with this fetish. Of course, it's evolved and grown and the internet is to thank for much of that. Finding like-minded people is very reassuring.

That said, none of my girlfriends (at least, none that turned into serious relationship) have been fat. Clearly I have work to do coming out of the closet, as it were, although I have told a number of people about being a feeder (but usually not in that language!).
9 years

Fatmandu:
Fetishism is probably one of the most complex aspects of human psychology. Pretty much anything that creates a sexual or emotional connection to food or fat can lead to developing a fat-related fetish, from being scolded as a child for overeating to simply having had a fat sexual partner.

In my case, I think it started with a childhood attraction to pregnant women, which evolved to include fat women who looked pregnant. Sometime in my teens fat supplanted pregnancy as my primary fetish and grew to include many aspects of fat and weight gain, both in women and men/myself.

This is similar to my view/ experience. Throw in the happy feeling you get from having treated someone to a nice treat-sweet, cooked, baked etc and the expression of delight with the squeek of delight of injesting set treat and my desire to see that effect again leads to a continued disire to nurturing loved ones etc.
Then throw in the susceptibility of the human condition for the hormones of a pregnant woman on any other human and the visual imprint of the pregnant and or then baby chubbyness is healthy of old culture and fwalla! Fetish. Although I'm not attracted to any guys of any size.
6 years

A neighbor of mine 6 years older had grown up slim.Even after having a baby she was still average.Probably 5'6" and 145 at age 22.They moved away to Maryland. 6 months later she was back for the birthday of my classmate who was the woman's sister in law.She had absolutely Blown up to about 195 lbs.Oddly enough a few years later they bought the house beside us and she to this day is anout 220 at age 66.Her daughter is 46 and was Rail thin through high school.For the last five years she too has been between 190 ( from 226) back up to 236 and now for the 10th time is trying to slim down from 221.
When I saw the mom that night it was Amazingly erotic for me at 17 years old.
I have been aroused by weight gain since elementary school and seeing her that night just cemented it for me.And the daughter is simply Beautiful these days.I wish she felt that way too.Sadly thats not the case.
I think for some the fetish is there from childhood.I have known at least five female feedees who padded their clothes with pillows at very young ages so its not exclusive to any facet of humankind as someone else stated previously.
And.Many times it is triggered later un life by an accidental gain.As little as five lbs at the holidays or 40 lbs in a couple years.
And Many or Any age.18 28 46 57 .Its a fetish. that is across the board.
6 years

I echo the "hard wired" sentiment that others have said; I've always been attracted and interested in fat people all my life, and fantasized about being fat ever since I can remember. I was aware pretty early that I had a weight gain kink too.
6 years
1234   loading