Lifestyle tips

Accepting yourself as a fat person

mountain man:
As someone who loves rock climbing, but also wants a bigger belly, I feel that. Like, most athletes and people who climb are slim (rightfully so, you build a lot of muscle climbing and more weight = more body to balance on thin edges). I want to gain, but also know it will affect my athletic performance. Not a competitive climber, just a hobbyist, but still. There should be a balance between getting a nice belly and still being able to rock the walls.

jrm:
Mountain man, maybe you should try less height. I'm thinking I could still climb ok if there was a cheeseburger above every handhold.

Smile, so the carrot and stick approach?
6 years

Im slowly getting to accecpt myself ad a fat person, I went from 65 kgs to 103 kgs in 4.5 years, I ate macdonalds everyday,(still do😂smiley and chugged heavy cream as often as possible.
I became huge! Friends And family all comented on how fat and unhealthy i had gotten. And that i schould seriouisly loose a lot of weight quick, wich never happened offcource.
I keep gaining and gaining, i have a goal that is 150 kgs. And i want to get there.

But all the comments and stares from other pepole, like co workers and so on, it eats you up, when you are a gainer that constantly tryes to get fatter and fatter on purpose...
Its hard but im personaly getting better and better with loving my fatter and fatter body each and everyday 😉🍔
5 years

I had a tough time reconciling what I wanted and the reality of going through a change as drastic as gaining a lot of weight. What always "felt" right and what I thought was supposed to be the true me became a lot more complicated when the reality of being a fat person actually kicks in and changes the way you interact with people.

I tried to gain weight the first time when I was in my early twenties and finally got to live on my own. Having the freedom of living by myself, I tried to gain a bit of weight and wound up feeling depressed for a multitude of reasons/excuses. I felt tired all the time, and funnily enough, there were some body issues I was having with the changes I was going through when I put on about 30 lbs. I look back at it now as more that I wasn't ready and prepared for the reality of becoming a fat person, and I needed to get to a place in my mind where I could shut out or take care of my insecurities (which were a source of my kink, but the reality is when you are a fat person is you can't turn it off when you're not feeling turned on, or when the talk turns intentionally hurtful).

My acceptance became a lot easier to come around to once I was lucky enough to find myself in a position to go through with gaining, and be able to support myself financially comfortably in doing so. My friends are a tight circle, and a few people know that I gained all my weight on purpose and I feel more like myself. Even with the health risks I've incurred and issues (my knees are pretty shot and I get pain in my back when I stand too long), I came to a point where I had the chance to do it and I took it. I'm quite happy I did, and they outweigh the bad days that sometimes comes with being a fat person. smiley
5 years

I'm still slowly accepting this big belly I have on me as a part of myself, but I've also thought sometimes about just being skinny now, and wait until health problems like diabetes, heart attacks, etc. Get all solved with medicine or even cures.
5 years

jrm:
Even though I am now over 300 lbs, I must admit until very recently I saw this as a temporary state. I had always thought that I would reach a point and say "ok fun's over" and diet and exercise down to what I believed a more normal weight.

LilRascl:
Me too! I've always been on the curvy/chunky side and for most of my adult life I was a small BBW in the low 200-220 lbs range. Then a medication made me lose a bunch of weight, and I simply could not accept myself as a smaller person. Part of that was why I started to gain a little more than 2 years ago.

Flash forward to now and nearly 120lbs fatter. I'm solidly over 300lbs and my body and appetite have both undergone major changes. I'm only full if I'm stuffed, I order fast food for imaginary people (me) all the time, and the thought of getting even fatter still turns me on like nothing else, despite having blown past my original goal 40 lbs ago. My belly has grown disproportionately since then, resulting in a bulging spare tyre so big and jiggly that it wobbles to it's own separate rhythm when I walk. If it sounds like I'm getting a little poetic, it's because I'm in love.

With that, it's starting to dawn on me that maybe I'm not just popping up to 300 for a quick visit, and 300 may not be the fattest I get... I'm only planning on another 10 lbs, but I've been saying that every 10 lbs since 260! What's funny is that I had a very well developed and comfortable identity as a fat person, but that's not the same as being a very fat person (although it did mean I'd made peace with my body and society long ago). It's obviously not as dramatic a change as someone going from actually thin to fat would experience, but it' seen significant for me!

I will say that I feel more at ease with other fat people, but for me it's mostly about adjusting to the changes. I'm much slower now, especially if I've recently put on a few and my muscles aren't used to it yet! For some reason new weight makes my lower back ache like crazy if I have to walk any real distance without stopping for a break, so I'm getting used to planning them in. Same thing with my commute time- I now count the walk from the car to wherever. I'm making an effort to learn how to dress in a way that I feel looks cute and accommodates my belly comfortably, because now it's this big soft but unyielding thing that sort of demands to be dealt with in all sorts of ways. I travel with an extender, and if I get much bigger I'm going to have to get one for my car. I'm somewhere between disbelief and taking these milestones in stride.

The thought of fully giving in to life as a 300-something pounder is more exciting than it is worrying, so I guess I'm on my way! Acceptance certainly feels a lot more likely than a diet smiley

Thanks for sharing! It was exciting to read. Very inspiring. I hope you keep gaining and gaining.
5 years
12   loading