lifestyle tips

advice for gaining with arfid3 years

Ok, so I know this is a serious topic, but I am desperate for advice.
I actually got into feedism after my doctor told me to gain weight, I have always been skinny. In addition to some allergies and a fast metabolism, I've got an eating disorder, ARFID (Avoidant restrictive food intake disorder). Even though I would really love to be fat or even regular size, it is so difficult for me to eat that I can't seem to get past 105 and I usually stagnate in the 95-100 pound range.
Does anyone have advice on some especially fattening foods which don't have a strong or complicated taste or texture, or advice on how to force yourself to eat when you do not want to? Thanks in advance!!

You could try drinking heavy cream.

I think heavy cream might be a 0-100 answer in this case.

Maybe start by lifting weights.

Trying to put on muscle will increase your appetite, and if you need to eat more to fuel your muscles, it will allow you to also eat enough more to also put on a little fat. This might help if the mental side is part of your issue.

becomingoverweight:
You could try drinking heavy cream.

Thank you for the advice! I will see if I can get my hands on some.

JayDee303:
I think heavy cream might be a 0-100 answer in this case.

Maybe start by lifting weights.

Trying to put on muscle will increase your appetite, and if you need to eat more to fuel your muscles, it will allow you to also eat enough more to also put on a little fat. This might help if the mental side is part of your issue.

Yes, the mental side is the main issue, the texture and taste of many foods bothers me. I will try this, thank you!

If you have allergies try using an antihistamine to relieve them...I have also heard that it has appetite stimulating effects. Google periactin or something spelled similar to that which is a antihistamine ....it mentions people eating ravenous amounts and it even being used sometimes as a weight gain medication because of this effect.

Good Luck

wannabefatty:
I actually got into feedism after my doctor told me to gain weight, I have always been skinny. In addition to some allergies and a fast metabolism, I've got an eating disorder, ARFID (Avoidant restrictive food intake disorder). Even though I would really love to be fat or even regular size, it is so difficult for me to eat that I can't seem to get past 105 and I usually stagnate in the 95-100 pound range.
Does anyone have advice on some especially fattening foods which don't have a strong or complicated taste or texture, or advice on how to force yourself to eat when you do not want to? Thanks in advance!!

It would be better if you could tell us what foods you can eat without too much difficulty?

If you can eat ice cream then heavy cream would work if you mix it the right way to suit your tastes. You can hide it in food that you already eat to boost the calories. I like it with 50% root beer which has become my drink of choice when it comes to cream. Good luck and tell us more if you want more ideas.

wannabefatty:

It would be better if you could tell us what foods you can eat without too much difficulty?

If you can eat ice cream then heavy cream would work if you mix it the right way to suit your tastes. You can hide it in food that you already eat to boost the calories. I like it with 50% root beer which has become my drink of choice when it comes to cream. Good luck and tell us more if you want more ideas.