General

Favorite books?

Isaac Asimov's Foundation series is what got me back into reading last year. Well actually, it was his short story "The Last Question", but then I explored his full-length novels and now I read regularly for the first time since I was a kid. For a few others I'd name Vernor Vinge's A Fire Upon the Deep for another sci-fi book, and To Kill a Mockingbird outside the genre.
7 years

Favorite books?

The Lord of the Rings books are probably my favorites. No matter how many times i read through them, I always pick up on new things I missed the last time.

Louis L'Amour's books are also among my favorites. I've read all of his novels and many of his short stories.
7 years

Favorite books?

Tokyo Vice by Jake Adelstein was a fantastic read.

Recently re-read Clive Barker's Cabal, which was turned into the movie Nightbreed. Didn't care for the movie much (the theatrical nor the director's cut), as I felt it just couldn't compare to the ideas and images I had when I first read the book. I really enjoyed his Books of Blood series as well.
5 years

Favorite books?

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith

Sandman by Neil Gaiman
5 years

Favorite books?

LetsGetPagan:

Any of the older books by him. Just don’t spend a lot of money on a trip to Europe and the bring cryptonomicron.

Didn’t care for the baroque cycle.
5 years

Favorite books?

LetsGetPagan:

alabamakmg:
Any of the older books by him. Just don�t spend a lot of money on a trip to Europe and the bring cryptonomicron.

Didn�t care for the baroque cycle.

Yeah. I got about 150 pages into Cryptonomicon and lost interest. I think I might try listening to it. Snow Crash and The Diamond Age are great though.
5 years

Favorite books?

LetsGetPagan:

alabamakmg:
Any of the older books by him. Just don�t spend a lot of money on a trip to Europe and the bring cryptonomicron.

Didn�t care for the baroque cycle.

LetsGetPagan:
Yeah. I got about 150 pages into Cryptonomicon and lost interest. I think I might try listening to it. Snow Crash and The Diamond Age are great though.

Actually. I meant it the other way. I’d stay up way too late reading the book... But it does start slow. The most engaging book I’ve ever read BTW,
5 years

Favorite books?

alabamakmg:
Actually. I meant it the other way. I�d stay up way too late reading the book... But it does start slow. The most engaging book I�ve ever read BTW,[/quote]

I’m just easily distractable. To keep this going I’m also going to say Rudy Rucker’s Software and Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse Five (though the latter is problematic in its fat-shaming depiction of Billy’s wife, a terribly written character)
5 years