forum  fat experiences

not gaining weight, just getting flabby2 years

I've noticed a kind of weird phenomenon in myself. After an initial 20lb gain or so since my more athletic days, my weight has stayed pretty much the same as a number even though I continue to get flabbier and "fatter". I can only assume it has to do with muscle mass depleting and being replaced by fat. It's funny though that I weigh about the same as I did a few years ago but have gone up a couple pants sizes and sport a jiggly little gut.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering how long until the "real gain" sets in, and I cross over from being a skinny dude who gained some weight to just being a fat dude.

Following

boomtaffle:
I'm wondering how long until the "real gain" sets in, and I cross over from being a skinny dude who gained some weight to just being a fat dude.

Your theory is most likely correct, since muscle weighs more than fat and fat is a lot fluffier.

If you're hovering at the same weight for long periods of time, it means you're not eating enough. You need to eat 500 calories per day above your TDEE (https://tdeecalculator.net) to gain a pound a week. If you want to gain 2 lbs a week, eat 1k more than your TDEE per day. The most effective way to make sure you're eating enough is by using a food scale and logging your calories on an app.

Ha, well I'm not really trying to gain weight, I'm just kind of letting it happen. My office job, combined w/ lack of exercise and booze make it more or less inevitable

not gaining weight, just getting flabby8 months

Ha, just stumbled back on this post of mine from about a year ago. Really seems to be true, I'm about the same weight not the scale that I was then (maybe even a few pounds lighter), but am definitely "fatter". Any muscle I had seems to have gone and my pants just get tighter and tighter

not gaining weight, just getting flabby8 months

Same thing is happening to me. I keep looking at the scale and its the same month after month but my waist has gotten a little wider.

not gaining weight, just getting flabby6 months

Some people don't gain easily depending on their genetics and metabolism.
Then if you don't eat more, you won't gain. You need to eat more, especially at dinner, until your metabolism changes and they you'll gain more easily.

not gaining weight, just getting flabby3 months

Ha, revisiting this one once again and it seems like I have found the tipping point. I've piled on about 10 pounds in the last couple months and it's definitely starting to show, haha. My wife no longer tries to pretend I haven't gotten chubbier, now she just pats my belly and tells me not to worry about it. My seatbelt digs into my belly in the car, and my little gut shows throw all my t-shirts. Not to mention my BMI is now FIRMLY into the category of overweight, instead of hovering within a couple decimals one way or another.

Ha, revisiting this one once again and it seems like I have found the tipping point. I've piled on about 10 pounds in the last couple months and it's definitely starting to show, haha. My wife no longer tries to pretend I haven't gotten chubbier, now she just pats my belly and tells me not to worry about it. My seatbelt digs into my belly in the car, and my little gut shows throw all my t-shirts. Not to mention my BMI is now FIRMLY into the category of overweight, instead of hovering within a couple decimals one way or another.

boomtaffle:

Your wife plays around but I am sure she likes the extra lbs. same thing happened when I was intentionally gaining not only did my wife seem to like it .....she was piling massive fattening meals on my plate and giving me seconds before I even finished. There are so many theories why women like to see there men fatten up over time.
1 page 1 of 2   loading