forum  extreme obesity

how many times have you been told to lose weight?8 months

My wife's last doctor's visit was more awkward for him than her!

Her heart health and cardio was perfect, but she's also so huge even her chin and cheeks bounce when she walks. So he struggled to try and find reasons to convince her to lose weight.
"Your belly must be so uncomfortably heavy..."
HER: "Not really, I don't even notice it.
"Have you had trouble sleeping?"
HER: "My body's gotten so soft, I sleep better than ever."
"You should go on a diet anyway, just in case."
HER: "Okay, I'll think about it."
[translation: "Are we done now? I want my husband to buy me some ice cream."]

She said it didn't bother her, because she probably was the fattest person he'd ever seen waddle through his door, and he just reasonably assumed she wanted encouragement to slim down.

And when we started dating, her mother, kind but a little old-fashioned, would lecture me in front of her so she could hear:

"I know you're happy, but as the man it's your job to put my daughter on a diet and make her lose some of that weight."

"I know my cooking is good, but haven't you eaten too much already?"

But then she kept getting fatter, and her mother stopped fretting about her size.
I think she realizes she's happier like this, and has come to accept she just has a really fat daughter.

Her mom has a hidden side to her that's really surprising, and based on our last family gathering I suspect she's actually really starting to enjoy watching her daughter gain weight. Hmm...

Every time I go home or go to the doctor.

how many times have you been told to lose weight?7 months

Dreading visiting relatives at Christmas for just this reason... I know a few of my relatives just won't let it be. They'll be bugging my wife, telling her, "You need to take HIM to the gym with you!" blah blah blah

I guess you can't pick your relatives!

kevingainer:
Every time I go home or go to the doctor.

Last 3 doctor visits, yup.

2005 primary doc visit. I wasn't nearly as bellied as I am now. Not that I'm that bellied now compared to others lol but he told me to lose the flab! I was thinking to myself "wtf? I'm practically a damn stick as is!"

My other primary doc's haven't mentioned it. and one I saw earlier in the year after my first gain session for a fatter belly last winter.

Oh my god, so many times. My mom is the worst about it. I've told her I don't want to hear it, but she just won't listen. I love her dearly though... I guess everyone has a few bad habits. At least the rest of my family doesn't say anything about my weight.

I get grief from doctors too, but honestly, at my weight that's their job. They're trying to make me healthy because that's what doctors do. As long as they're not nasty or condescending about it I don't care.

Every time I go shopping with my Mom.
Every time I have a doctors appointment.

What about telling here the truth? I know someone who does this

Over the holidays I don't know if I was actually told to lose weight, but the following came up:

1. "How's that weight doing?" (with a pat on my belly) Perhaps implying (incorrectly) that I WAS trying to lose weight?

2. "Maybe you would like to join us when we go to the gym?"

3. "Are you sure you should have another serving?"

Now, I've been fat for awhile, so no one is surprised anymore. But the passive aggressive comments come mostly from family. Also, when the subject of health comes up and I mention that I am pretty healthy, I got a few eye-roles, jokes, etc.
2 page 2 of 3   loading