forum  general

why do we have this fetish?????2 years

i have this fetish because ive hoped that getting fatter would some day contribute to making me look feminine

I often wonder the same... where it came from, if something 'set it off' in us. My parents are slim. I do remember the first time I was aware of an attraction to do with being stuffed, and I was 13 years old. I have since considered that it was just an inherent part of me, as someone's sexuality would be.

Yeah I know it's weird, I'm always wondering if other people have it but I don't know. I saw one of my friends YouTube suggestions a fat families video but maybe it was something else idk

I'm sure someone involved with biology said that some people are attracted to fat because when we were less civilized fatter people were more healthy as they could obviously find more food lol

I had heard that fetishes develop at a young age (2-3 I believe) when the individual is at a curious or ambiguous stage in their sexuality. When someone is in this stage they may attribute a certain stimuli to be involved with or related to their sexuality and thus a fetish is created. I Hope I explained that in a way that makes sense lol.

I'm not really sure. I also remember having signs at a young age. I've been fat for most of my life and my family is fat. I remember that when I was younger, I would stuff a pillow under my shirt and pretend that it was a fat belly. I also loved food (a little too much) and always wanted seconds. Those episodes of shows that contained weight gain/expansion always made me feel some type of way. I also loved the movie Charlie and The Chocolate Factory simply because of the fat shaming of Augustus and the expansion of Violet. I was also fascinated by other fat people (especially fat women). I don't really know what made me like that, I just know that I always have been.

heftyheifer:
I'm not really sure. I also remember having signs at a young age. I've been fat for most of my life and my family is fat. I remember that when I was younger, I would stuff a pillow under my shirt and pretend that it was a fat belly. I also loved food (a little too much) and always wanted seconds. Those episodes of shows that contained weight gain/expansion always made me feel some type of way. I also loved the movie Charlie and The Chocolate Factory simply because of the fat shaming of Augustus and the expansion of Violet. I was also fascinated by other fat people (especially fat women). I don't really know what made me like that, I just know that I always have been.

Weirdly I had identical childhood/adolescent experiences and thoughts to you, as forerunners to my realising I had feedism fetish. Except I came from a thin family who were very health and exercise focused.

Fiddlestix:
I had heard that fetishes develop at a young age (2-3 I believe) when the individual is at a curious or ambiguous stage in their sexuality. When someone is in this stage they may attribute a certain stimuli to be involved with or related to their sexuality and thus a fetish is created. I Hope I explained that in a way that makes sense lol.

This seems spot on for me. I remember my fetish starting very young. Padding at like 5-6 and starting in this site and dimensions at about 14. It's not been until recently I've let go of the shame and guilt for my fetish. I think that society had me thinking everyone else's kinks and fantasies were okay but mine wasn't but I'm sort of over that now. I like what I like.

embsmu:
I think we're more or less born with our fetishes. As to why, maybe to encourage genetic diversity?

Now that is a decent theory! I have heard the theories about fetishes developing early and as much as I think that happens to SOME people, it smacks just a bit too much of Freudian theories. Everything happens in early childhood according to the Psychodynamic perspectives!

Personally, I didn't get into fat appreciation until later in life. I was always overweight and very self-conscious about it. I knew I loved to eat and that I didn't like to diet and exercise, but I didn't like my body nor did I believe that anyone was capable of finding me attractive. At puberty, I became attracted to pregnant women, which gradually evolved over the years into a general belly fetish - I am old enough that most of my early years were pre-internet (Gasp, I know - hard to believe I am sure! Didn't the internet always exist?) It wasn't until my late 30's that I discovered stuffing videos on YouTube and then this site. It took me several years to get up the courage to make an account and then post some pictures and then contact some women. Early encouragement from people here and other fetish related sites increased my confidence significantly! I am coming out of a long term relationship that started on here, but I am sure I never would have found her left to my own devices.

The idea that a fetish would allow for couples to hook up who almost certainly wouldn't have done so based on "normal" sexual interactions is an intriguing idea! Basically anything that makes it more likely that you will pass on your genes to the next generation are subject to evolutionary pressures as long as those traits can be genetically influenced. There is lots of evidence that what people find sexually attractive about each other is tied to reproductive fitness - whether or not those things actually can lead to making babies or not. Your partner might look the part of the fertile potential baby producer, but if they are infertile, then that doesn't make any babies. It also doesn't matter to your genes - if you are having any kind of sex, your genes are going: "Yesssss! - Making babies now!" even if you are in a same sex or non-reproductive relationship. I imagine the chromosomes giving high fives to each other! ;-)

Hope that helps.

Definitely some interesting thoughts there. I do remember it starting young for me but I am not sure what triggered it.
1 page 1 of 3   loading