forum  extreme obesity

what is the worst thing about being obese?5 months

For me: struggling to cut my toenails/clean myself/bend over generally:I'm single.The extra cost of clothes the bigger you get.Type 2 diabetes:I have it.

what is the worst thing about being obese?4 months

For me:

Fatigue - I get tired doing a lot less. It took a bit of time to adjust and accept that this was part of the lifestyle, as I was able to do much more in a day than I am now. However, online service has improved a lot over the last decade or so, so it's not quite as bad.

Expenses - I'm lucky to be able to pursue a gainer lifestyle, but I still need to be pretty meticulous about my spending - larger clothing, grocery bills and some of the other, unforseen complications (like getting a bed that is not only comfortable, but can support my weight, also I needed to upgrade my car because of my weight and get tires that won't wear prematurely because of my big ol' butt).

Joint pain - there are times where my ankles and knee joints experience a fair bit of pain, usually when I walk (well, actually waddle) further than I should. This is the worst thing that I wish I didn't have to deal with, but if I'm careful, I don't experience it too often.

Ate2Much:
For me the worst is in the bathroom. Trying to reach around my enormous belly to get clean,bending over. This fetish is taking over my life. Can't stop gaining weight,I love gaining n being fat.

I agree, my arms seems like they have gotten shorter and my rear much bigger and softer.

My blood pressure is now in the high range, ugh. I plan to do more yoga; if sumo wrestlers can fight and stay fat, I see no reason why I can't do yoga and stay fat. Hopefully that will help enough to get it back down into the 'normal' range.

sweetfattie:
My blood pressure is now in the high range, ugh. I plan to do more yoga

I don't know about yoga, but I cut a lot of salt out of my diet and started swimming 3 times a week. Even while gaining, my blood pressure improved.

sweetfattie:
My blood pressure is now in the high range, ugh. I plan to do more yoga

giantjay:
I don't know about yoga, but I cut a lot of salt out of my diet and started swimming 3 times a week. Even while gaining, my blood pressure improved.

Good to know! Right now I can only swim in summer, can't afford a membership to a gym with an indoor pool. But if the yoga doesn't work maybe I'll try cooking at home more and use the money I save toward pool access. (I have a great weakness for Asian food and so far cooking it myself hasn't worked out so well. smiley )

Finding clothes in my size I actually want to wear and body pain. Other then that being fat is great!!!

sweetfattie:
Good to know! Right now I can only swim in summer, can't afford a membership to a gym with an indoor pool. But if the yoga doesn't work maybe I'll try cooking at home more and use the money I save toward pool access.

Yoga certainly won't hurt! I've just started to do very simple yoga, to get more stretching in and try to improve my flexibility. I hurt my shoulder last year and want to try and improve my flexibility. Being a big fatty, it's already pretty limited, so I need to maintain whatever I can!

Hope you can get that blood pressure down without too much trouble. Watch out for the hidden salt/sodium in asian food, cause that won't help!

Sore ankles.

I have been lucky to avoid any knee pain, but lately my ankles and feet are always sore at the end of the day.

Not much I can do about it, since I won't be losing weight any time soon.

1fatprincess:
Finding clothes in my size I actually want to wear and body pain. Other then that being fat is great!!!

I agree! Have to shop online and it is hit or miss on sizes. Feet hurt if I'm on my feet too long. Legs ache more after walking.
<< 5 page 5 of 6   loading