forum  extreme obesity

what is the worst thing about being obese?9 months

PizzaQueen:
Where to begin? Everything above and more. Like putting on socks and shoes because my belly got in my way, not fitting in a seat in plane or restaurants, crushing people sitting next to me, trying to buy new pants, that is a pain and I don't mention the underwear and bras who are designed for skinny people. Even toilet seats are to small sometimes.

ChattyBecca:
AMEN! Sweating is bad. Toilet seats and stalls is something that never crossed my mind when I was smaller. My shoes are slide-ons now also. I would love escalators everywhere!
might need baby powder smiley

HER most recent complaint?

She has to do all her clothes shopping online on specialty plus-size sites.
Yet the clothes models are all still petite!
It's like they're either embarrassed to admit their clothing is for fat women, or too lazy to seek out appropriately sized models.

It's a real practical concern because when a skinny woman models what's supposed to be an 8XL garment, she has no idea what she's actually going to get when it arrives.

She told me her dream job would be to start a super-sized women's fashion line, and employ truly gigantic young ladies to model what her clothes would actually look like for the people who would wear them.
And fat people need to know they can be glamorous too!

claude38:
feed me and i will be able to answer you....lol

Yes please

projectpolemics:

She told me her dream job would be to start a super-sized women's fashion line, and employ truly gigantic young ladies to model what her clothes would actually look like for the people who would wear them.
And fat people need to know they can be glamorous too!

I've had a similar dream - so to speak. Making clothes specifically for larger girls and women, of all ages, including kids. The biggest problem I see in the modeling is the fact that two people of the same larger weight, can have completely different body shapes. Skinny girls are all pretty much the same but the larger one gets, the more unique their body becomes. Take three girls, all 5'4, all weighing 350 and one may be bottom heavy, one top heavy and one pretty even. One could have one big belly, one could have two belly rolls and one could have 3 belly rolls. Not to mention boobs and butts and thighs and arms and every other body part. It's almost like you'd need multiple models but I guess having at least ONE model of the right size would be better than it is now.

ChubbyHubby:
The biggest problem I see in the modeling is the fact that two people of the same larger weight, can have completely different body shapes. Skinny girls are all pretty much the same but the larger one gets, the more unique their body becomes.

Yeah, the real solution for ladies' fatshion would be to have a whole variety of shapes and fits for different big body types, rather than just basic sizes for outerwear. It's not a crazy idea- look at how many cuts and styles of men's jeans there are, after all! Totally reasonable.

Tying shoes is a pain in the butt.
Finding a coat that can go all the way around me and actually zip or button.
Finding a winter coat that doesn't end up on top of my butt.
I could probably think of a few more but that was enough for now LOLOL

Why did that read as something soooo exciting? Hmmmm..!

I'm sorry, that's a real shame.

Jean-Paul Sartre said, "Hell is other people," and it really is awful having to deal with garbage people with garbage attitudes.

T_________T

ApronDoubleBelly:
At least for me its rejection , ridicule and loneliness.

Good god girl. Your much to beautiful for that!

ApronDoubleBelly:
At least for me its rejection , ridicule and loneliness.

I want you to know that I feel you. In my heart I'm hugging you tight, patting your back, and reminding you that you're beautiful and brave and honest.

When I went to India I was laughed at, pointed out, video-taped, etc. One man angrily demanded to know how much I weighed. Another asked with curiousity and friendliness so I told him. But it was painful and embarrassing. Bottom line, look for the love and the friendship. That's the joy of life. My very best to you, Dear Heart.

~Bella
3 page 3 of 6   loading