Lifestyle tips

When gain becomes noticable

pudgecurious:
I'm a slender girl who's recently started gaining. I'm sure I want to do this but I'm still worried about what my friends/family will think. What should I expect when people start noticing I'm getting chunkier.

this means nothing to you start gaining you will enjoy it
6 years

I think that everyone eventually notices someone that was slender who starts to get pudgy or chunkier. But it all depends on the various people you are speaking about and your personality and relationship with them.

Say for example a co worker....probably won't say a thing especially if your personality doesn't warrant open dialogue about these sort of things in the general sense. A friend depending on how close might jokingly mention something. A family member may take notice and mention something only if it becomes a significant difference and usually because they think it may be health related not intentional.

Keep in mind everyone notices changes and even if they bring a change up doesn't necessarily mean it is bad some might even like it or think you look better with the added weight even if they don't mention it. Also....the initial shock of weight gain that people notice tends to go away or at least it becomes normalcy and not even as big a deal with more weight gained unless of course you end up doubling or tripling g your weight. Keep in mind this is just a tiny hurdle for the pleasure you will probably get with the freedom, discovery and sense of own terms with gaining weight. Like I mentioned after that initial shock of your initial gain and body changing people won't even notice or comment on the
next 30+ lbs. you gain.
6 years

If people want to be bitchy, they will, and it's not worth paying any attention. What might have a greater impact is when those close to you begin to worry about you.

A large factor in this is the assumption that weight gain is a failure or a loss of control, something you did not mean to happen or were actively trying to prevent. No need to say it's a turn-on, but if you say matter-of-factly that you're not concerned by it - or even like it - then people may be surprised but they'll at least respect your self-awareness and confidence. If they don't it says far more about them than you.
6 years

voluptuouslover:
I think that everyone eventually notices someone that was slender who starts to get pudgy or chunkier. But it all depends on the various people you are speaking about and your personality and relationship with them.

Say for example a co worker....probably won't say a thing especially if your personality doesn't warrant open dialogue about these sort of things in the general sense. A friend depending on how close might jokingly mention something. A family member may take notice and mention something only if it becomes a significant difference and usually because they think it may be health related not intentional.

Keep in mind everyone notices changes and even if they bring a change up doesn't necessarily mean it is bad some might even like it or think you look better with the added weight even if they don't mention it. Also....the initial shock of weight gain that people notice tends to go away or at least it becomes normalcy and not even as big a deal with more weight gained unless of course you end up doubling or tripling g your weight. Keep in mind this is just a tiny hurdle for the pleasure you will probably get with the freedom, discovery and sense of own terms with gaining weight. Like I mentioned after that initial shock of your initial gain and body changing people won't even notice or comment on the
next 30+ lbs. you gain.

You make some great point, voluptuouslover (love the name!).

One other thing is that in many cases people are just too darned polite to even say anything. Weight gain in our culture is still a somewhat taboo subject. If someone does say something, they will either be someone close who will mention it in private. Or they will be the kind of loud-mouth say-it-all sort (think the Kramer character in Seinfeld) who will just blurt it out in a crowd. What happened to me was an old woman from my church who hadn't seen me for a while. At potluck after church, she practically screamed "Wow! You've really gotten fat!" And others around kind of skulked off in embarrassment. I had no idea what to say!
6 years

While my bf was getting fatter nobody said anything. There may have been an awkward moment here or there but nothing that indicated anyone knew. Recently, however, a friend of mine started some light jokes about how fat he's gotten. "He's not exactly 'small' anymore". He wouldn't say it in front of him, though.
I wonder if you're expecting someone to say something, but really very few people will just come up to you and say, "wow, you got fat."
6 years

GrowingLoveHandles:

One other thing is that in many cases people are just too darned polite to even say anything. Weight gain in our culture is still a somewhat taboo subject. If someone does say something, they will either be someone close who will mention it in private. Or they will be the kind of loud-mouth say-it-all sort (think the Kramer character in Seinfeld) who will just blurt it out in a crowd. What happened to me was an old woman from my church who hadn't seen me for a while. At potluck after church, she practically screamed "Wow! You've really gotten fat!" And others around kind of skulked off in embarrassment. I had no idea what to say![/quote]

Thank....and I love your name as well!

On the same subject.....I myself as a FA and very into weight gain....the other day when I was at a clients office happened to see another employee there and said to my woman client...wow I didn't even recognize her (completely talking about how much heavier the employee was I guess in a caddy type way....but simply bringing up the obvious)....My woman client said yea I had to do a double take myself earlier because she seems to have gained a lot of weight all of a sudden. The FA that I am....and kind of wanting to keep the conversation going...said "She look's good, she was much to skinny before"....when she probably went from 140 lbs. before to probably 180 Lbs. now based on my keen observation. My lady client who is pretty big really didn't say much after....but I assume she probably knew I liked women heavier at that point.

So.....people notice and talk behind the back more than confronting out in the open but it isn't always bad things....they just notice. Also, it seems like that physical changes are always kind of shocking and create something to discuss......even if it was a skinny guy who now becomes muscular or a heavier woman that loses weight....people notice and are somewhat in shock of the physical changes and talk....mainly behind the back if it is weight gain though.....more out in the open if it is weight lose or muscular gain......just being politically correct.
6 years

GrowingLoveHandles:

One other thing is that in many cases people are just too darned polite to even say anything. Weight gain in our culture is still a somewhat taboo subject. If someone does say something, they will either be someone close who will mention it in private. Or they will be the kind of loud-mouth say-it-all sort (think the Kramer character in Seinfeld) who will just blurt it out in a crowd. What happened to me was an old woman from my church who hadn't seen me for a while. At potluck after church, she practically screamed "Wow! You've really gotten fat!" And others around kind of skulked off in embarrassment. I had no idea what to say!

voluptuouslover:
Thank....and I love your name as well!

On the same subject.....I myself as a FA and very into weight gain....the other day when I was at a clients office happened to see another employee there and said to my woman client...wow I didn't even recognize her (completely talking about how much heavier the employee was I guess in a caddy type way....but simply bringing up the obvious)....My woman client said yea I had to do a double take myself earlier because she seems to have gained a lot of weight all of a sudden. The FA that I am....and kind of wanting to keep the conversation going...said "She look's good, she was much to skinny before"....when she probably went from 140 lbs. before to probably 180 Lbs. now based on my keen observation. My lady client who is pretty big really didn't say much after....but I assume she probably knew I liked women heavier at that point.

So.....people notice and talk behind the back more than confronting out in the open but it isn't always bad things....they just notice. Also, it seems like that physical changes are always kind of shocking and create something to discuss......even if it was a skinny guy who now becomes muscular or a heavier woman that loses weight....people notice and are somewhat in shock of the physical changes and talk....mainly behind the back if it is weight gain though.....more out in the open if it is weight lose or muscular gain......just being politically correct.[/quote]

As an addendum to the original poster:

If you want people to comment (and that may be what you want consciously or subconsciously), you can ask them. Ask someone you feel close to, someone you'd like to say something, ask them by saying, "I've gained a little weight recently, but I don't think it is noticeable. What do you think? Have you noticed?"
6 years