Extreme obesity

Any other people really into the idea of a world where obesity is normalized and encouraged?

That would be a very nice world indeed. It reminds me of an article I read LONG time ago, before the whole BBW movement, about a movie that someone was trying to make featuring a world with the fat and skinny roles reversed. People admired fat girls, desired fat girls, people tried to gain weight etc. I was sad it never got made, and I remember it was going to end with two chubby girls on a beach as a skinny girl walks by. One chubby girl says to the other, something like, "What a shame, such a pretty face." in reference to what people used to always say about fat girls, "She has a pretty face."

In reality, I think criticizing people for being skinny is just as bad as criticizing or judging them for being fat, but the point of the movie was to show what it would be like if it was opposite, and human nature is, well, human nature.
6 years

Any other people really into the idea of a world where obesity is normalized and encouraged?

Even if you remove the 'encouraged' part, it's still quite interesting to think about! Like, I wonder how many people would choose to get fat if they'd spent their life in a society where it was just treated the same as dying your hair, or getting piercings/tattoos? I think it'd be a surprisingly high percentage.
6 years

Jenji:
Even if you remove the 'encouraged' part, it's still quite interesting to think about! Like, I wonder how many people would choose to get fat if they'd spent their life in a society where it was just treated the same as dying your hair, or getting piercings/tattoos? I think it'd be a surprisingly high percentage.

It absolutely would. There are already examples of this in the world. Some South Pacific islands like Tonga in particular, being fat was always the desired body to have, right up until they got American television introduced in the 70s(?). Then they all started wanting to be skinny and even the king started sponsoring weight loss contests and such. Made me sad that our culture was "contaminating" another so negatively.

I believe in Nigeria(?) some rural areas that practice a more traditional lifestyle, girls are deliberately fattened when they reach a certain age, complete with living in a sort of large cage to limit activity, while other people from the village keep her well fed and the village mothers spend time talking and teaching her how to be a good wife, mother and adult female in their culture. I think the practice is falling into question and being discouraged now but it does offer a glimpse into real life cultures and lifestyles that to us, seem like a fantasy come true.
6 years

No then I wouldn't be special LOL
6 years

I read a story somewhere about a pill that made it so Fat was basically weightless, so the people could gain into insane numbers and not have it affect them unless they wanted too, on the same note there was something that allowed them to gain insanely without any problems of disease, which is my dream personally.

Its interesting how Fat used to be a sign of royalty, and the ability to not have to do your own work, and now people demonize it. Its annoying but, if we lived in a time back then, we would be royalty basically
6 years

Ditzy:
No then I wouldn't be special LOL

Excellent point. You are sexy and special!
6 years

PinkyDear:
I like being special, but it would be fun to go to a restaurant and have others push me to eat more, or buy me multiple sweets.

You definitely are special, its been amazing seeing your growth over the years Pinky and I hope you keep enjoying it
6 years

I'd certainly be a fan of this being a thing. Broaden the dating pool a lot more.
6 years

Idk, it's not as sexy when you're forced to be fat. Something about wanti g it is what really makes it a turn on for me.
6 years

Idk, it's not as sexy when you're forced to be fat. Something about wanti g it is what really makes it a turn on for me.
6 years
123   loading