Extreme obesity

Any other people really into the idea of a world where obesity is normalized and encouraged?

I would prefer if it was normalized at the least so I wouldn't have to pay out the ass when I start getting to the higher numbers in clothing, but at the same time I also wish we didn't have to deal with the health problems for all of you who do.
6 years

Any other people really into the idea of a world where obesity is normalized and encouraged?

1. It would be like when you are about to do something, but then your mom tells you to do it, and now you don't want to do it.

2. No, it would be very fucking unhealthy.

3. I saw Wall-E dude, and your fantasy world seems pretty bad.
4 years

I’ve actually written stories about societies based around feederism because I love the idea. It’s just so fun!
4 years

About 1/2 the us is clinically obese now and it’s increasing
4 years

LoopsnBloops:
I’ve actually written stories about societies based around feederism because I love the idea. It’s just so fun!

Okay man link me to one and change my mind
4 years

I would absolutely love it. The fact that the obesity rate in the US is now over 40% means we are well on our way. Another 35% are overweight. Just love the thought of obesity being the norm and everyone celebrating it and trying to become even fatter. Such a world would be so nice.
4 years

While this isn't really happening in an explicit sense (in that everyone is literally trying to fatten you up), in a way it's already happening as it is. There is no explicit, widespread encouragement but it's pretty much nearly normal and will be, very soon.

If current trends continue, and there's little to no reason to think it won't at this time, in '30 the American obesity rate is expected to reach over 50% amongst all adults. In some demographic groups, it's already over 50%. The OP is in New Zealand, but I have reason to think this is happening in most developed countries and many developing countries as well. However, I can only really speak authoritatively about the U.S.

Child obesity also continues to rise, and fat kids are more likely to become, and remain fat adults.

Here's a few things I heard of, trends, and observations I've made.

New York City, as well as any large city with a train, subway, or tram system occasionally has to repair or upgrade the equipment. A few years ago, when they last ordered new ones, they ordered seats that are wider. Clearly, they are expecting most riders to be heavier and have larger butts and will for the entire service life of the new train cars. As this is at great expense, I have no doubt this was considered carefully.

Let's look at new cars vs. older ones. The front bench seat is almost all but gone, in favor of bucket seats that are often such that you can't have 3 in the front. The back seat usually still includes 3 sets of seat belts, but I almost never see anyone use the middle seat, ever. Even one passenger in the back seat is pretty rare.

No one likes the middle seat, and it onyl gets worse when on average, everyone is wider.

On this note, consider booth seats in restaurants too. I almost never see 3 in a side anymore, only 2 tops.

I can almost swear portion sizes in restaurants are often larger too. You see advertised serving sizes when you look at a nutrition facts label, but ever notice how they rarely match up with what folks actually eat? Some manufacturers have started to include information about the entire bottle or package, but most haven't. A lot of times folks may also just go ahead and provide larger portion sizes for other folks too.

If sufficiently thin enough, some folks might comment.

As recently as a little over a decade ago, I never saw plus-size mannequins in stores. Now I see them all of the time. Some brands have had to increase the range of sizes they offer, so Lane Bryant and Torrid have competition they didn't use to have, at least for the female US size 12-20 range. In some places like Target or Wal-Mart, there's marketing materials about how any size is good, but others just offer them just because. Some brands haven't seemed to have gotten the memo, but it's only a matter of time until they do. They can either face a declining market every year as everyone gets fatter and there's literally fewer potential customers, or offer the extended sizes.

At this point, if you're really skinny you're the one who's more likely to stick out.

I'm sure most users of this web site have likely, at one point or another watched "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" which was released in '93. It was in rural town, somewhere in Iowa of all places, I think it was. One of the scenes near the end involved his supposedly morbidly obese mother who was fat shamed when she left the police station, after demanding they release her younger son.

Thing is, if you see that scene again, you would see that while she would still be larger than most folks, folks of that size are just common enough nowadays that almost no one even talks about it anymore.

Anyway, my overall broad point is that it's either the point where it's actually normal, or it's pretty close.

However, there will still be some demographics that won't have a 50% obesity rate. However, broadly speaking it's more and more acceptable everywhere.
4 years

I like it a lot when being overweight and even obese is becoming more normalized.

In Canada 28% of adults over 18 are overweight. Adding the overweight category, 64% are overweight to obese.

My feedee more or less lets things happen to her but has a not so flattering self image. It helps if 6 out of every 10 women she see is overweight. It helps if 3 out of every 10 women are obese like she is.

I always notice when we go on vacation. The place we go to has a very high rate of obesity going from generation to generation. And she just fits in here; it's the thin women that stand out as out of place.
4 years

ILuvChubbyChix:
While this isn't really happening in an explicit sense (in that everyone is literally trying to fatten you up), in a way it's already happening as it is. There is no explicit, widespread encouragement but it's pretty much nearly normal and will be, very soon.

If current trends continue, and there's little to no reason to think it won't at this time, in '30 the American obesity rate is expected to reach over 50% amongst all adults. In some demographic groups, it's already over 50%. The OP is in New Zealand, but I have reason to think this is happening in most developed countries and many developing countries as well. However, I can only really speak authoritatively about the U.S.

Child obesity also continues to rise, and fat kids are more likely to become, and remain fat adults.

Here's a few things I heard of, trends, and observations I've made.

New York City, as well as any large city with a train, subway, or tram system occasionally has to repair or upgrade the equipment. A few years ago, when they last ordered new ones, they ordered seats that are wider. Clearly, they are expecting most riders to be heavier and have larger butts and will for the entire service life of the new train cars. As this is at great expense, I have no doubt this was considered carefully.

Let's look at new cars vs. older ones. The front bench seat is almost all but gone, in favor of bucket seats that are often such that you can't have 3 in the front. The back seat usually still includes 3 sets of seat belts, but I almost never see anyone use the middle seat, ever. Even one passenger in the back seat is pretty rare.

No one likes the middle seat, and it onyl gets worse when on average, everyone is wider.

On this note, consider booth seats in restaurants too. I almost never see 3 in a side anymore, only 2 tops.

I can almost swear portion sizes in restaurants are often larger too. You see advertised serving sizes when you look at a nutrition facts label, but ever notice how they rarely match up with what folks actually eat? Some manufacturers have started to include information about the entire bottle or package, but most haven't. A lot of times folks may also just go ahead and provide larger portion sizes for other folks too.

If sufficiently thin enough, some folks might comment.

As recently as a little over a decade ago, I never saw plus-size mannequins in stores. Now I see them all of the time. Some brands have had to increase the range of sizes they offer, so Lane Bryant and Torrid have competition they didn't use to have, at least for the female US size 12-20 range. In some places like Target or Wal-Mart, there's marketing materials about how any size is good, but others just offer them just because. Some brands haven't seemed to have gotten the memo, but it's only a matter of time until they do. They can either face a declining market every year as everyone gets fatter and there's literally fewer potential customers, or offer the extended sizes.

At this point, if you're really skinny you're the one who's more likely to stick out.

I'm sure most users of this web site have likely, at one point or another watched "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" which was released in '93. It was in rural town, somewhere in Iowa of all places, I think it was. One of the scenes near the end involved his supposedly morbidly obese mother who was fat shamed when she left the police station, after demanding they release her younger son.

Thing is, if you see that scene again, you would see that while she would still be larger than most folks, folks of that size are just common enough nowadays that almost no one even talks about it anymore.

Anyway, my overall broad point is that it's either the point where it's actually normal, or it's pretty close.

However, there will still be some demographics that won't have a 50% obesity rate. However, broadly speaking it's more and more acceptable everywhere.

Ya, it people being fat might be better in the future, but...

1. I want it now

2. It could also be the case that people keep thinking that fat shaming is good, and so while being obese is normal, it could still be shameful.
4 years

Allissa:
Ya, it people being fat might be better in the future, but...

1. I want it now

2. It could also be the case that people keep thinking that fat shaming is good, and so while being obese is normal, it could still be shameful.

1. We have it now but it will get fatter.
2. There is a battle between fat shaming and fat acceptance in society.

The fat shamers have a point but there are two arguments against them. One, many fat people are already ashamed and shame may even be one of the causes of their obesity. Two, Fat Shaming may be more about the enjoyment of being a bully in the belief that it's OK to fat shame than it is about helping someone.

At some point the medical establishment will say something along the lines that it's the causes of obesity that are unhealthy rather than the obesity itself.

Fat people will then claim that they eat healthy so are healthy.

The lifestyle people will then declare that different lifestyles have different health and life expectancy outcomes but the important thing is for each individual to live their own life for what makes it worthwhile to them. Each to their own.

This will then allow fatties to have their own culture involving food and enjoyment of life without shame.

At this stage I think there will be less of an obesity 'problem' as people are able to make choices without fear or shame driving them to behave in destructive ways. People won't have the thought "call me fat, I'll show you what fat really is and then you will be sorry" or any other destructive emotion filled behavures.
4 years
123   loading