Lifestyle tips

Universal studios hollywood

Universal is the worst one both holly wood and Orlando, volcano bay has a 250 limit on some water slides come one the world getting bigger 😂
6 years

Universal studios hollywood

Weighting4U:
Hi team,

I'm heading to Los Angeles later on in the year and was looking for some advice on the rides for plus size riders. I thought there used to be a thread about this but couldn't find it.

I'm close to 400 pounds so I'm just wondering what rides are suitable and what rides I shouldn't even bother trying. I carry all my weight round my belly.

Thanks.

I just saw this post so I don't know if you have already visited but I use to work at Universal Hollywood 16 years ago and have visited sporadically since. So this my two cents as former ride operator and guest.

1) The park has a lot of shows and attractions that are bench seating. You should be able to see the attraction without problem.

2) Simpson Ride - I was a ride operator when it use to be Back to the Future. which I would describe is a I max motion ride. The staff are trained to call a code "1560" to notify the ride operator that a person of size is about to board their car. The ride is timed once the doors open so this to give the operator notice to hustle to sit everyone within the time frame. The front row of the car is more spacious and I remember sitting a approximate 350lb bottom heavy SSBW in the front. It usually sits four but we only got two in. But she fit. My advice if the ride operator informs you to take the first row...do it! So many times big folks would defer the front row to the family with kids and they would take the back row and not fit. I imagine this principle would hold true for newer The Transformers Ride

3) Jurassic Park- I'm really belly heavy but despite the bar being uncomfortably snug I still fit. However, my row mates usually have a look of fear on their faces as the bar does not come close to making them feel protected. It has not happened to me personally but I remember one case a guest protested not feeling safe and the larger guest was asked to get off and wait for another boat.

4) The Mummy- Rode this in Orlando and Hollywood and I will stay Orlando's car is much larger and overall just more fun. If you are close to 400 just walk past this one. I find this to be the tightest ride in the park. I outgrew this ride when I was around 315.

My two cents. Hope you have a good time.
6 years