forum  general

fat girls used on tinder by their "friends"4 months

Here's a question, and I'm actually struggling with the right/wrong thing to do here.

So many times, thin and conventionally attractive women use their fat friends in dating profiles as ways to make themselves look better. And it's usually pretty clear - just the two of them, both trying to look their best, but the thin one is obviously trying to play up the "I'm the hot one here" angle.

I'm often tempted to swipe right and straight up say "Hey, can you connect me with your hot curvy friend you tried to upstage?"

On one hand, that's a dick move. Many women's profiles have group shots, and it's kinda mean to say that I'm swiping right to connect with someone's friend, not them.

On the other hand, I feel almost righteous in effectively saying hey, your vain and mean-spirited attempt to upstage your bigger friend failed.

I haven't done this yet - I'm pretty much settled on the fact that, despite the supposed high ground I'd be taking, it's still an ass move. But definitely interested to hear others' thoughts.

Its a common issue, I say go for it. It will hopefully inspire a bit of humility, and you just might get to contact the friend. Nothing to lose if you don't try bud.

Recurrent. Don't give a damn about it.

fat girls used on tinder by their "friends"3 months

It would be interesting to read how it worked out, so please let us know if you tried it.

Personally I think thatís a dick move. Youíre the one assuming she used that pic because it makes her look better. She could just really like the way she looks in it and would like to show herself being social with some friends. Also, I imagine more often than not girls on dating sites have other issues that you could spark up, say depression and suicidal thoughts. Iíve been there. If I was in that position and received a message from someone that was just shitting on me, for no reason, I canít imagine how bad that would make me feel. So of course do what you want but donít feel like youíre taking the high road by showing your rudeness to a stranger whoís life you have no idea about.

My thoughts exactly, StarSmoke.

As much as it is a common issue, there's a lot more harm than good that can come of attacking someone.

You can't assign a motive to people. They do things for different reasons, and you're not in their head. What if that is her best friend she's known from childhood and she loves that pic of them two? Social media and dating sights can be crushing, so I would say, no, don't do that.

I have to agree with the group take on this. You just don't know why THAT pic was chosen. You have no way to know what is going on for that person either.

You would sure feel bad (you seem like nice fellow) to dump on her and find out it was her best friend who died in an accident last week.

We all need to try to take the high road (and sometimes it is hard because we are human too).

Tinder seems pretty casual from what I understand? If you really just want to give it a shot and aren't just being a dick then I'd say go for it.

Id had skinny friends do this and for me its hilarious. I'm fat but I have a naturally beautiful face and hourglass shaped body. Ive had people ask for me. Ive also had guys contact me on tinder to indulge in their secret fat girl fetish. Over all I just hate tinder.
1 page 1 of 2   loading