Fat experiences

Wife preparing for vacation

So for the first time in a long while my wife has expressed desire to lose some weight for a trip to Florida. The proverbial "want to look decent in a bikini" for Facebook pics. I simply want her to be happy, so I let her do her thing.

At first, in December, the story was she "needed to start immediately" to lose some weight. But that whole 'not eating part' got pushed off. And pushed... until now she states she's going to exercise and diet a month before we leave for Florida.

What that has done is set a counter in my wife's head to that date. As a result, she has amped her eating up to an entirely new level. She'll say things like "I only have a couple months left where I can enjoy food, can you go out and get me some more ice cream and beer?". The weight has been piling on. And I can't get enough.

I think she may be surprising herself at what a piggie she has become. That there is no easy way back now. And that both of us know she's probably going to end up in Florida the heaviest she's ever been, prepared to eat, drink, lay around and get even fatter. I've found it intriguing that with a proper feedee, even trying to lose weight causes them to gain faster! She would have been lighter if she never even had the thought of giving up food!
6 years

My exwife went from 230 to 350 eating "one last meal" before the diet.
6 years

I thought my wife might start to "diet" when our son announced his engagement. She hasn't really stop eating. She does eat a more healthy diet than I do, but she still eats desserts etc. I have always been a subtle encourager and I'm continuing in that roll. She weighs as much as I do, and doesn't seem to be eating more, just the same pace. I make sure there is ice cream, and her favorite cookies around. I gained weight last summer and did nothing to hide my gain from her, she has never mentioned my weight to me.
6 years

Quick followup, we’re now a few weeks away from the vacation. My wife is the heaviest she’s ever been. She tried running for a few days a couple weeks ago and ended up developing plantar fasciitis in her foot - a possible tear. She’s now completely couch and crutches bound. We’re now concerned about how much walking she’ll be able to do on the trip. She’s been prescribed Prednisone as well. There have been numerous threads about it here and its infamous appetite and weight gain associated w/the drug.

Hopefully her foot recovers. But yeah, bikini body is the farthest thing from both our minds right now. Will be interesting to see how she responds to the Pred.
5 years

I consider that a big win. The best diet wins is when you let her roam like a free range chick, and still she gains.

Mine is on Lyrica and it's been a god send. I have no idea how much weight gain I can ascribe to the meds, it's a not uncommon but still more rare side effect, but to HER the weight gain comes from the meds, NOT from the bag of chips + ice cream + pudding dessert + 4th meal of the day. How much so? So much so that sometimes she says she wants to go OFF the meds to lose weight......

"Food funerals" are a powerful tool by the way. Helping to research diets, and finding diets that cut out whole food groups/meals, is helpful. Before putting her on a keto "diet" (low carsmiley, mine went bonkers on having her "last" box of cookies and her "last" bags of chips smiley

Oh, and it really helps ME to let her go on an unattended, non-sabotaged diet every now and then. Makes me feel less guilty when she complains about her weight and feels down about it. If you'd want it, you'd go for it......
5 years

allgrownup:Mine is on Lyrica and it's been a god send. I have no idea how much weight gain I can ascribe to the meds, it's a not uncommon but still more rare side effect, but to HER the weight gain comes from the meds, NOT from the bag of chips + ice cream + pudding dessert + 4th meal of the day. How much so? So much so that sometimes she says she wants to go OFF the meds to lose weight......

Huh, my wife is on Gabapentin which is virtually identical to Lyrica. It definitely makes her relaxed and really snoozy, lethargic - especially when it first kicks in. I noticed when she started a couple years ago she would take mid-day naps on Saturdays, very apt to lay around, crack beers at noon and just started a general trend of slothfulness and a huge “reward complex”.

I never connected her recent weight gain together with her meds until about 6 months ago. I don't think it's the sole reason – it doesn't increase appetite. But def compounds the fattening trends already going on.

The “reward complex” I refer to is when she’s fought through the lethargy of the Gabapentin to so some minor cleaning task she now "needs a moment to rest". It immediately drives her to lay around and snack as the ‘reward’ for her “hard” work. I noticed this cycle a while back as she does less and less around the house. On Saturdays when she actually does bust her ass with cleaning, it almost guarantees she will spend the evening exhausted, binge eating through movies all night as her “reward”.

To this day she has never realized weight gain is a side effect of Gabapentin and has never blamed her meds for her general slothfulness – primarily because she doesn’t identify it as being slothful. She's just tired from all of her hard work! "Down time" used to be late at night. Now it's basically "down time" all the time, the moment she gets home.

It really did get her over the hump of identifying that she's grabbing a snack that's going to make herself fat - and to consciously identify that she doesn't care anymore because this is a long awaited reward that she deserves for being so "hard worked" and exhausted.
5 years

The “reward complex” I refer to is when she’s fought through the lethargy of the Gabapentin to so some minor cleaning task she now "needs a moment to rest". It immediately drives her to lay around and snack as the ‘reward’ for her “hard” work. I noticed this cycle a while back as she does less and less around the house. On Saturdays when she actually does bust her ass with cleaning, it almost guarantees she will spend the evening exhausted, binge eating through movies all night as her “reward”

Oh THIS explains a lot. Lyrica is a brand of gabapantin.

Mine has a general lazy side (while believing she is very disciplined), and a "I deserve this" complex, for lack of a better description. Up until what you wrote I've never associated her increased tendency to do "nothing" (read: less than a regular person can with the same effort), followed by rewards with those meds. Just thought this was her, the next level.

It really did get her over the hump of identifying that she's grabbing a snack that's going to make herself fat - and to consciously identify that she doesn't care anymore because this is a long awaited reward that she deserves for being so "hard worked" and exhausted.

Mine knows since a year much better how much I appreciate it when she puts on weight. But every 0-level is a barrier. She's been up to 198 for almost half a year before a shopping money reward got her through the 200 barrier. Now 210 is her scary place. I do a lot, I mean a LOT, of work on clearing the path; letting her know it is appreciated she gains weight, telling her how much easier her life is to just have fun and eat, how simple life is with a husband who likes her to have more weight etc. Works for a bit (the gaining part), then the scales scare her again and she tries to go down.

That's OK too, because she still goes up over time, but I wouldn't mind if she just gave up and gave in.
5 years

Gabapentin isn't known for weight gain like many other drugs. I didn't realize it until Polkadotpanties41's post about her putting on 40lbs due to it. Then I started connecting the dots when my wife mentioned it makes her so sleepy. An hour after she takes it I'd then notice her camped out on the couch eating when she used to always be doing active things like cleaning. At work she started buying multiple blue Red Bulls for alertness which have 50% more calories than Pepsi.
5 years

Has your wife enjoyed the gain at all? You mentioned she was a feedee. Has she felt sexy about her body with the pounds put on?
5 years

LoopsnBloops:
Has your wife enjoyed the gain at all? You mentioned she was a feedee. Has she felt sexy about her body with the pounds put on?

Yes and no. She loves her new curves and immediately gave away all of her old skinny clothes to a friend. When we're making love, she even surprises herself and is like "look how massive my boobs are now?! This is crazy! I've always wanted these!"

And one thing I noticed when we first got married was that she was attracted to much heavier girls. And this was before I had discovered this fetish - so it was strange to me that she always eyed up obese women.

But like with most women, society's constructs of self-image run deep. And there are moments where she wishes to be thin again. But her obsession with food always reminds her that the reality of becoming and staying thin just doesn't fit the daily desires and enjoyment she wants in life.

This may sound cynical, but I think she misses not her body....but the feeling of pride and power – being that one 100lb girl in the room everybody's looking at, wanting to be. That doesn't die easily...
5 years
12   loading