Lifestyle tips

Anybody know how to quickly fix a button pop?

I need help on this since I feel like my khaki shorts won't hold on any longer, so what could I do if the button popped and I needed a quick solution?
6 years

Carry safety pins. 😉
6 years

Why didn't I ever think of using safety pins!?
6 years

If the button is sewn on - I'd recommend you to resew it manually and firmly (don't spare the thread). Also you can resew it closer to the edge to give a little bit of extra room.
And you can carry a threaded needle in these shorts (probably put in some container... like a syringe needle cap or smthn) and spare button in case sewn button will break (but at this point I think wearing those would be painfully uncomfortable). So you can excuse yourself to the men's room and just resew it there.

If the button is like in jeans - when those pop they might rip off the fabric and ruin your shorts. But popping those require quite a force, so once again you shouldn't have been wearing shorts that tight by then.

And another option is to just leave it unbuttoned and cover with a belt. I did that and its not that bad. If you have a big overhang - thats an extra bonus there for stealth smiley
6 years

If you have a hair tie or a small rubber band handy, you can loop it through the buttonhole and wrap it around the waistband to keep your shorts closed. Just be sure to tuck any excess fabric inside to avoid discomfort.
1 day