General

Any other feeders like to track?

I like the stats a lot. It’s one thing to feel her large belly, to have its weight numb my hand when I put my hand under it at night, but it’s something else to know she weighs 205 lbs. To know in the past 365 days she had gone up by 17 lbs.

I also like tracking her calorie intake. It helps me to guess where her weight will be at. That’s handy for the days that she doesn’t weigh herself. Those days are often a great gift, because she is at least a day too late to apply the brakes, but they can cause such a weight gain that a diet period will follow. By tracking her calories, and predicting her weight, I can slow her down or speed her up when needed.
5 years

It's kind of small to me too -- but it's SOOO much bigger than the 175 she had dropped to. Very nice to have her back into obesity!
5 years

Oh god yes smiley

Like just now, she asked for a meal. I have lots of stuff I can microwave and throw a meal together. I could go for a combo of 2 ingredients to total almost 700 calories, or another set that goes for 500. Decided on the 500 as I know she's already about 1600 calories in for the day. I know she will snack tonight, possibly have dessert, so....

Yup, fun and handy smiley
5 years

Ha!

What's annoying is water weight. My target tends to retain quite some water after certain meals, and then my calories vs weight prediction can be severely off
5 years

Definitely is!

Measuring mine is a no-no. That makes her too self-conscious and prompts a diet attempt. Which is OK too; diets create hunger and the yo-yo effect smiley
5 years

Oh yes, I LOVE tracking my wife's calories and see them ramp up and up as time goes on. Becoming fat is all about slow habit changes over time and as a feeder, satisfaction often comes in changes so subtle that you would need to calorie count to even recognize them.

There was a time I almost doubled her daily calorie intake simply by buying different beer and wine for her. But again, it's all about calorie counting and research as a feeder to keep your feedee growing past plateaus.

I'll check a restaurant's appetizer nutrition info before we get there so I know the top calorie foods to recommend.

I also love checking our bank account and seeing her food spending.

She slowly spends a little bit more on lunch every month. And then snacking: she was never a snacker and it took years of normalizing picking up snacks whenever/wherever we were. Now it's natural to her when she's on her own to identify snacking occasions. You can't just pump gas, might as well grab a "pick me up". Or first it was one vending machine charge while she works. Now it's 2 - 4 little candy/soda charges throughout the day.

And when she runs errands it's great to see the little charges - can never go to the mall for just clothes...she might as well make a quick stop at Sbarro's and Starbucks.

It took a long time to engrain it in her to stop for food even though she wasn't hungry. You don't naturally think like a glutton when you've been skinny for most your life. But it's little baby steps, always adding in an extra snack, an extra drink. And then keeping that consistent so it becomes the "new normal".
5 years

I like how you're thinking; very recognizable.

When we met, supper was her last food of the day. It took literally years to teach her it's OK to eat after that.

Since a long time now, I've made the bed room a food zone as well. That, too, took quite some work to normalize it. Now she can't imagine an evening of "just" going to bed. She usually will have at least half a bag of chips, some soda.

I do all the groceries, so .... smiley

A very succesful strategy I've used to habituate her to snacking is making meal times random, have them float throughout the day. Sometimes I skip breakfast, another time supper. Or supper will be 1-2 hours late. It seems to offset her internal eating clock. Nowadays she often has four meals, asking for food late in the evening.

It took a long time to engrain it in her to stop for food even though she wasn't hungry

Sounds like we're in the same game of maniplating the factors in our favor, and enabling their (over)eating
5 years