Gaining

Weight gain and weddings

This is more random things that have been happening lately.
The butterball has been on quite the spree lately - on Saturday he ate the entire yield of a box of pancakes (besides the two pancakes I ate), the yield of a box of waffles, three eggs with cheese on bread - and that was just breakfast.
On Sunday we went for a fitting for our wedding in June, and his family said he may as well not try on anything, as he'll probably be too fat for it by the time the day comes. At the rate he's going they're not wrong.
Last night he made a particularly good dinner and I complimented him on it, and he replied, "What's the good of having a fat little husband, if he can't cook?"
During the fittings his sister again tried to talk him into losing weight, but for the first time he didn't listen, or seem embarrassed by his weight. I heard him say that I like him fat, that he doesn't want to lose weight anymore, and that he's quite content.
It was nice to hear, and not a bad start to the week.
5 years

Weight gain and weddings

Was the wedding last month, or still most of a year away? If the former, congratulations and I hope the happy day went down well, and that he could button every thing up. If the latter, it sure sounds like any fitting would be way too early with the way you describe his progress.
5 years

Weight gain and weddings

Apparently, after-wedding weight gain is a thing: www.confessionpost.com/8908/My-wife-is-fattening-me-up
5 years

Weight gain and weddings

I hate weddings. Every time I go to one I have completely grown out of the suit I bought for the last one so I find myself buying another which I will probably wear once.
5 years

Weight gain and weddings

kevingainer:
I hate weddings. Every time I go to one I have completely grown out of the suit I bought for the last one so I find myself buying another which I will probably wear once.

That's why I rent suits.
5 years

Weight gain and weddings

kevingainer:

For our wedding we decided to just get a nice dress and a nice suit that we could wear to other events. We both outgrew our nice new clothes before the next appropriate event came along. It was a nice theory, but I couldn't even be mad it didn't work out :-)
5 years

Weight gain and weddings

Edxl:
Was the wedding last month, or still most of a year away? If the former, congratulations and I hope the happy day went down well, and that he could button every thing up. If the latter, it sure sounds like any fitting would be way too early with the way you describe his progress.

Thank you. Yes, the wedding was 10 June. Everything was appropriately magical and part of me is relieved to have it done lol. 215 guests all told. *whew*
5 years

Weight gain and weddings

MrCotyledon:
Glad to hear your hubby give you verbal confirmation that he doesn't mind getting fattened by you. You should make him even bigger for the next event. It shouldn't be too hard seeing as his appetite has skyrocketed since you've turned him into a butterball. Well done!

On another note, I can vouch for married folks ballooning up pretty quickly after the wedding. I've put on an easy 25 pounds and am up two pants sizes since our wedding last May. She's added 40 pounds since we've met, but another 10 after the wedding.

We have to buy new clothes every time someone else gets married because we keep growing out of our suits and dresses. : )

Weight gain and relationship goals right there
5 years

Weight gain and weddings

Bigfatbellyfan:
I got married once. Would gladly do it again once I'm financially stable enough.

That's a huge amount of people. Did you have that many people at the reception?

Yes it was pretty big. We finally finished our thank you cards. But it was lovely.
5 years

Weight gain and weddings

MrCotyledon:
Glad to hear your hubby give you verbal confirmation that he doesn't mind getting fattened by you. You should make him even bigger for the next event. It shouldn't be too hard seeing as his appetite has skyrocketed since you've turned him into a butterball. Well done!

On another note, I can vouch for married folks ballooning up pretty quickly after the wedding. I've put on an easy 25 pounds and am up two pants sizes since our wedding last May. She's added 40 pounds since we've met, but another 10 after the wedding.

We have to buy new clothes every time someone else gets married because we keep growing out of our suits and dresses. : )

Yes, lifting him in the chair was quite the challenge, but we made it happen. There's every possibility of him getting fatter - he tries to avoid going up and down the stairs frequently, and he can eat a large meal and five or ten minutes later be hungry again.
5 years
12   loading