Story authors

Abuse for stories.

Loveafatpiggy:
I wanted to know why people think it ok to write nasty comments. If you hate or think its isn't good just don't wite or even send abuse.

Lonely people are abusive. A lot of lonely people here.
Drunk people are abusive. A lot of drunks here
High people are abusive. A lot of drug users here.

In the end it's really just lonely and bitter people wanting attention so they leave negative comments to be a troll in hopes someone tries to defend themselves.
5 years

Abuse for stories.

Because when we click on a story, we expect that the writer knows what they are doing, at least.

I checked out some of the stuff you tried to pass off as work, and it's terrible. But you need to hear this.

Your stories are full of errors, spelling and otherwise.

I would suggest if you want to write. Learn how to use spell check.

Don't be lazy.

Use correct tenses in your work.

Get better at this or stop wasting our, and your time.

Writing isnt't hard but it does require some effort to make it decent.
5 years

Abuse for stories.

I agree with bbwcreator. A proper writer should ne able to take practical criticism. It is not abuse.
I have criticised several writers on here for poor English, poor spelling and poor grammar. There is no excuse for this. Poor punctuation and poor sentence structure can spoil how a story reads. The reader should not have to keep stopping to work out the jist of what you are saying. A piece of writing should have a flow to it.
I know my writing is not perfect. I know I make mistakes. If people criticise me, I will aim to make improvements, based on those criticisms. I appreciate there are some new writers on here who have never written before. If someone tells you your writing is shite, you have to think why. Go back and read the story yourself. Does it make sense?
If it doesn’t, edit it, correct it, improve it.

Many writers on here are not descriptive enough. They write as if they are having a conversation. Writing is so much more than that. You could say ‘Bill sat in the chair.’ Or you could say ‘Bill sat down carefully on the red chair.’ Already the second sentence is making the reader ask questions. Why did he sit down carefully? Is the colour red significant?
If I am reading a story, I want to know more about the leading character than simply, ‘he went to college.’
Oh, did he? Whoop-de-do for him! What does he look like, how does he feel about his appearance? Where does he live, where does he work? Describe his standard working day, then introduce other characters, if necessary.
5 years

Abuse for stories.

Loveafatpiggy:
I wanted to know why people think it ok to write nasty comments. If you hate or think its isn't good just don't wite or even send abuse.

So, just to be clear, the basis for your writing's not bad. I scanned your stories before posting this, and it looks like you put in a lot of time and thought on them. And, relative to a lot of content on this site and in this genre, they really aren't that bad. However, the particular style you have seems to invite a certain amount of abuse. Understand that this really isn't your fault, it is that the flow of your stories, and the very length that makes them impressive, in combination make you look like a troll hunter: someone that writes in a certain way for the explicit purpose of attracting and making fun of negative feedback. imho
5 years

Abuse for stories.

I am not a troll. I agree my writing involves a certain amount of abuse. However it is not done for the implicit reason of attracting further abuse. I Invent the characters, put them in certain situations and just see what happens after that.
Actually I have had very little criticism from this site, only praise, which tells me they are liked and people read them.
I was actually trying to help you in your writing. Know the difference between abuse and criticism.
5 years