General

Common misconceptions about feederism

It´s quite intresting to see the picture of feederism in media. What would you say are the misconceptions? Here are a few I can think of:

-feedees are always women, feeders are always men
-the goal of the feeding is always to feed your partner in to dependency and immobility.
-The feeder is always the one with the power
-It´s unetical, manipulative and without consent
-all feeders are attracted to morbid obesity
-you are either feeder or feedee
5 years

People seem to think that all feeders are dom and all feedees are sub. While this is often the case, some people are the opposite, and some aren't into d/s play at all.
5 years

Feederism has also been studied by scientists, not only by the media. Even though some articles are a bit prejudiced concerning this "sexual deviance", it is always amusing to read observations from supposedly neutral psychology researchers. Some are upright enough to deconstruct the most common misconceptions.

Sorry for my english ^^'
5 years

Indeed it's not true that ALL feedees are female and all feeders are male, but it's still the overwhelming majority.
5 years

lol, americans are still puritans at their roots: they just want to sex shame, and if you're different then they feel less guilty. also, there's a bit of cultural schaudenfreude at making people feel bad for what they like. That's actually one of the many things I like about this genre and its crossovers with bdsm: it takes that guilt and shame and flips it over on its head and says, "Hey, you know what, that's fucking kinky as hell. I'ma get off to that too!!" lmfao
5 years

curiousv:
Indeed it's not true that ALL feedees are female and all feeders are male, but it's still the overwhelming majority.

I'd be curious to see actual numbers on this. I've met more male feedees than female personally, but then I'm in the queer community so I guess that skews my experience. Still, it would be interesting to find that out.

On a different note, another misconception is that it has to be a BDSM kind of relationship. In the dynamic I'm in, it's more like we spoil each other and take care of each other. As a feeder I like making them happy and spoiling them and their growing is kind of a by-product of that. Point is, feedism can be fluffy sometimes.
5 years