General

Obese staff to be given priveledges

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5773201/Obese-staff-feel-anxious-public-transport-allowed-start-work-late.html

Stephen Bevan, of the Institute for Employment Studies, said obesity should be treated in the same way as other health conditions.
He is calling for it to become a ‘protected characteristic’ such as age or gender to stop workplace discrimination.

I suppose it had to happen. When an identifiable group that in the past was persecuted gains protected status you know it's going to thrive.

I don't agree with this but I will very much enjoy seeing fatties get fatter as I am sure we all will.

Who else here is conflicted between enjoying the obesity epidemic and being worried it may have gone too far already?
5 years

I'm sure many people would end up super obese working from home. The Simpsons has lead the way many times in the past. Predicting the future.

Did you know that rules require buffet food to be replaced every 30 minutes? Imagine the contractor tasked with disposing of that perfectly good food. Deliver it to obese home workers for biological processing (eating).

It would be a terrible thing but I'm convinced they are trying to encourage obesity.
5 years

Ffox:
I hope so it'd help me atleast I think people will. No reason to waste perfectly good food. But there will always be skinny people.

I can see how people would agree to it. Obviously seriously obese people are at a disadvantage and our society loves to help the disadvantaged. However people will always 'play the system' and realise that obesity is giving them an advantage due to all the assistance.

As with the benefits system people will become trapped in the cycle. Losing weight could mean losing their home due to losing the obesity assistance. Where as the easy route for those prone to gain weight is to keep gaining and keep getting more and more help.

Once the state is supporting a large number of obese people who would die without assistance they have no choice but to continue.

Perhaps the only way out is forward to morbid obesity. They will fatten huge people even more just so they end up off the system. A debit card that provides unlimited food from the fast food chains. All government ministers would have shares in them.

Imagine that world. Prosperity would be fed by the expanding bubble of swelling bellies. As long as there are people who are gaining weight the country is making profit. Obesity bubble.

Maybe we already live in that world....
5 years