Story authors

Story trouble shooting

Hi, I am currently writing a story (which you are free to check out) but I have a problem, it won’t let me add a new chapter, and when I submit it, it always cuts down to the same line and says I have to write more than 2000 characters, which I had done before it shortened it.

PLEASE HELP!!
5 years

Story trouble shooting

My best guess is that you're hitting the upper limit on number of characters allowed per chapter, which, off the top of my head, is 10,000 or somewhere around there. It will cut off at that limit.

I'm not sure why you're getting the message about the minimum 2,000 characters if you have at least that much, but I think that might just be a glitch.

My suggestion: Do a draft in a text editor (preferably one that shows character count), try to keep the chapter a bit below 10,000 characters (maybe 9,500 or whatever, so you have a bit of wiggle room), and then copy and paste that into the FF form and submit your chapter.
5 years

Story trouble shooting

My chapter total was around 6 thousand characters, and is keeps being cut down to the exact same line, I’ll keep trying and I’ll upload a way to solve it
5 years