Fat experiences

Visiting the doctor’s office.

Natt:
I recently had a physical, and the doctor noticed I had gained 100+ pounds (unintentionally) since my last visit. Which was 5-6 years ago, when I was still in sports.

She really put my out of control gain into perspective. Asking me about my diet and exercise.

Was wondering if you all had a similar experience.

When you decide to actively gain, finding a fat-friendly doctor is very helpful, but very difficult.

By the time I'd gained more than 100 lbs, I actually changed doctors, and that made it easier. I told my new doctor that I knew I was obese, I liked to eat and I didn't mind being fat, and that I wasn't interested in losing weight. This doctor encouraged me to continue exercise (swimming and walking, which I did until last year, and need to re-start). We sort of came to an understanding.

On my last visit I finally had my first "negative" health issue - high blood pressure. So I've been trying to change up the diet to get that back down, but we'll see how it goes... it did, however, give my doctor a chance to harp on weight loss! smiley
5 years

Blackmamapiggy:
I do. Recently I've turned 20.. and 1 week before I turn 20 I went at the doc's. Damn before hearing what's the issue I have, he gave me a very terrible look and then said you're morbidly obese for a 19years old, I'm sure you have high bp and high blood sugar... but truth is I don't have both of these 2 issues . And when my parents told him I don't have these 2 issues he was shocked. However he kept saying I need to lose weight and exercise...Whatever he was saying was turning me on to become more huge!

To be your size so young you are sealing your fate. If the implications turn you on then you will become more and more out of control. The doctor has a duty to try and stop this happening but at the same time they will be curious to watch you balloon.

The state is torn between trying to stop you getting fatter and rewarding you with benefits and assistance you require as you become less and less able.

I think we all know where you're going with this ;-)
5 years

When I was growing up I hated the idea of potential judgement from the doctor, but now that I let go and got fat, I love it so naturally I have a few stories.

When I first got fat, I gained about 50 lbs in less than a year ( a few months really) between doctor's appointments. I went bulging out of outgrown clothes, partly because nothing I had fit, and the nurses were noticeably shocked at my appearance. Nonetheless, the nurse that weighed me started the balance off in the high 100s (based on my last weight) then to 200... then with a surprised look... to 250... and then marked my weight at 251 lbs, repeating it out loud clearly surprised by the difference. My highest ever by far and first time obese. Then I stripped down for the doctor (who was a woman). When she came in she greeted me briefly and just said "Awww, what happened?" as if both concerned and suggesting I ruined myself. Of course the whole visit revolved around why I gained so much and how to lose weight.

Fast forward a few years and a new doctor, I lost most of the weight then regained it at a visit 3 months later. The nurse that weighed me actually thought my chart was mixed up cause it was crazy that I gained so much so fast. Then another nurse that saw me in the doctor's office asked if I had any unexpected weight gain... I said no... and she just turned and looked at me in disbelief haha.

I am sure I have a few other stories, but will enjoy reading others' in the meantime.
5 years

Similar experience here, I went from 210 to 285 in less than a year but I have a big frame so I can hide it well. Doctor asked a lot of questions and hinted around about exercise and such. Truth is I stopped exercise a year ago due to busy life and just put on weight steadily. It's easy for me. Being sort of finally resigned to weight gain, If and when I pass 300 lbs I feel like the next 50 lbs would come fast. I'm sure I'll really hear it then.
5 years

Similar experience here, I went from 210 to 285 in less than a year but I have a big frame so I can hide it well. Doctor asked a lot of questions and hinted around about exercise and such. Truth is I stopped exercise a year ago due to busy life and just put on weight steadily. It's easy for me. Being sort of finally resigned to weight gain, If and when I pass 300 lbs I feel like the next 50 lbs would come fast. I'm sure I'll really hear it then.
5 years

Natt:
Did they push you into going to a nutritionist? They have me going and I got my body fat pinched. Currently standing at 290, 6�1 I�m considered obese, but when I got pinched they said I was only 23% body fat. Which is in the �acceptable� range.

My doctor did do my BMI using calipers and measurements, and it was very, very high (he called it "super-obese" which in itself was a turn on!).

My wife is extremely well-versed on nutrition, so she's modified my diet to try to get the blood pressure down. I will find out if it's successful in September. However, she's also my feeder, so she's supplementing it as well to ensure there isn't much (or any!) weight loss associated with those changes! smiley
5 years