Story authors

Fantasy feeder is not story friendly

I really don't like to post my stories on this site. The character limits are very annoying. I just tried to add a story. Part of it got cut off, over the limit. When I went to post the remainder, it was too small, less than 2000 characters. It was such a hassle, I just deleted it.

I rarely have issues up loading stories to deviant art, only the very longest stories have to be broken down into chapters.

This just makes it a much slower process to upload, sorry.
5 years

Hang in there...composing offline in word or whatever where you can space out chapter breaks using word or character coutts makes all the difference.
5 years

Here is a solution. Write the whole story. Edit it as best as you can.

Post the first chapter on FF. Then if they want to read more you can post the link to the rest of the book so they can buy the story.

Self publish that stuff :-D
5 years

A large part of the community is not story-friendly either.

I mean quality stories.

You can write real literature, with interesting characters, beautiful descriptions, unique plot, but you won't attract an audience. If you want that, then you should first pick a title which sounds simple so people will click on it. The first word of the title, and the first word of the story must be a woman's name. Like "Lucy's gain." As a description write something like "Lucy is a girl who gets very fat". Then in the story, just start with an info dump of her weight and hair color. Spelling and grammar is completely unnecessary. Characterization is also completely unnecessary. Write a cliché plot about someone who always wanted to get fat (or a cheerleader who always wanted to stay slim but then she changed her mind on the fly without any explication, to become the fattest woman on the planet). Voilà, ten times more views and likes than the stories which try to bring quality.
5 years

BBWcreator82:
Here is a solution. Write the whole story. Edit it as best as you can.

Post the first chapter on FF. Then if they want to read more you can post the link to the rest of the book so they can buy the story.

Self publish that stuff :-D

Sorry but that would break our rule on non-commercial use only. Please publish any free stories you have in full so that everyone can enjoy them on this website.
5 years

curiousv:

I mean quality stories.

You can write real literature, with interesting characters, beautiful descriptions, unique plot, but you won't attract an audience. If you want that, then you should first pick a title which sounds simple so people will click on it. The first word of the title, and the first word of the story must be a woman's name. Like "Lucy's gain." As a description write something like "Lucy is a girl who gets very fat". Then in the story, just start with an info dump of her weight and hair color. Spelling and grammar is completely unnecessary. Characterization is also completely unnecessary. Write a clich� plot about someone who always wanted to get fat (or a cheerleader who always wanted to stay slim but then she changed her mind on the fly without any explication, to become the fattest woman on the planet). Voil�, ten times more views and likes than the stories which try to bring quality.

Sounds like you've stumbled upon the need to have an eye-catching title and description to help 'sell' your story, just like newspaper headlines and summaries are designed to encourage people to read more.

I agree that there are certain story themes that have mass appeal, but that doesn't mean that other story plots go unappreciated. They may get less people viewing but they can still be just as much enjoyed by those that do read them. Also from my own experience grammar and spelling and a good plot are very important.

I know it must seem frustrating I for one really do appreciate well written stories and will read them to the end (instead of being disappointed after clicking on a catchy title). Please keep up the quality.
5 years

curiousv:

I mean quality stories.

You can write real literature, with interesting characters, beautiful descriptions, unique plot, but you won't attract an audience. If you want that, then you should first pick a title which sounds simple so people will click on it. The first word of the title, and the first word of the story must be a woman's name. Like "Lucy's gain." As a description write something like "Lucy is a girl who gets very fat". Then in the story, just start with an info dump of her weight and hair color. Spelling and grammar is completely unnecessary. Characterization is also completely unnecessary. Write a clich� plot about someone who always wanted to get fat (or a cheerleader who always wanted to stay slim but then she changed her mind on the fly without any explication, to become the fattest woman on the planet). Voil�, ten times more views and likes than the stories which try to bring quality.

Hmm, not sure if that’s a very fair representation of the taste of people on this site. If you organise the stories by “most likes” the first three pages include stories by LoopsnBloops, GrowHerBelly, expatbhm, SoftPearBoy, Eponymous and Twigzybird and GhostPepper (only naming some of my favourites here) that I would say are incredibly well written and imaginative and no cliches or cheerleaders in sight. Although, personally I do get a kick out of the old weight gain story tropes and like to use a few of them myself but that’s probably just a sign that I’ve been reading this stuff far too long.
5 years

curiousv:

I mean quality stories.

girlcrisis:
Hmm, not sure if that�s a very fair representation of the taste of people on this site. If you organise the stories by �most likes� the first three pages include stories by LoopsnBloops, GrowHerBelly, expatbhm, SoftPearBoy, Eponymous and Twigzybird and GhostPepper (only naming some of my favourites here) that I would say are incredibly well written and imaginative and no cliches or cheerleaders in sight. Although, personally I do get a kick out of the old weight gain story tropes and like to use a few of them myself but that�s probably just a sign that I�ve been reading this stuff far too long.

"Most views" is a good way to search, but also "most likes" -- particularly for the kind of darker stories I enjoy. It seems that those who like them will post "like" anonymously, rather than make comments.

I think ff is a great place for these stories. To each, his or her own.
5 years