Feedback and suggestions

Story quality lacking

Karen, I am in need of inspiration. Thanks for saying such kind things about writers. Some of my stories were rushed, but others I worked on a lot.
karenjenk:
Some of the stories read like they were written on a phone. Others looks like more an outline or rough draft.
I use the search option to find the better ones.
And I think its cool there are some shorts out there. I don�t usually mess with a one page stories because they seem rushed.

Maybe some people have a great idea in their head but can� t get it on paper?
I�m one of those people. Guys tell me I�m really good in a WG or BE rp.
But when I write�. Gaaaa
It�s awful.

Be nice to the poorwriters. At least they are writing which is more than most of us can do.
4 years

Story quality lacking

karenjenk:
Some of the stories read like they were written on a phone. Others looks like more an outline or rough draft.
I use the search option to find the better ones.
And I think its cool there are some shorts out there. I don�t usually mess with a one page stories because they seem rushed.

Maybe some people have a great idea in their head but can� t get it on paper?
I�m one of those people. Guys tell me I�m really good in a WG or BE rp.
But when I write�. Gaaaa
It�s awful.

Be nice to the poorwriters. At least they are writing which is more than most of us can do.

Thanks for that Karen. It can be a lot of reasons for "poor quality" like maybe its not a story that's ready to be shared or even tech issues. I know I find myself going back and rereading past stories I hadn't touched in weeks/months and reading them and editing them to clean them up some.

A thing a lot of people who think "Oh, writing is easy, I can do it in a few minutes to an hour."
No, you can't. Not unless you've been working on it for years in your head.
Writing is a process. Write, Edit, Revise, Repeat. Those really "good" stories 10/1 were not written in a day.

So do respect the authors, whether starting or been at it for years. Writing like any art takes time and dedication to sculpt in a way that comes off fluid and clean.
4 years

Story quality lacking

I am just echoing what was already said. Why should anyone share a story (or a beautiful picture) if the audience acts entitled rather than grateful?

Sadly you can't always pick who the audience is in any media if you go public. The good comes with the bad and you just have to know which is which when it comes to comments. There's been a few times at the movies or in a bookstore I'll hear someone say "Pfft, I could have done this." most of the time it's people being jealous especially if the work is decent, others it does feel rushed. Regardless its best to comment on the positive aspects of any work.
4 years
12   loading