Feedback and suggestions

Premium content is encouraging gold diggers

CreamFilling:
I just spent some time reading through this thread. The conversation itself was illuminating. I am new to the fat positive community.

I freely admit I found this site because I was looking for a job I could do online from home. I did not know what it was. The site was mentioned in an article I read relating to eating on webcam for money.

Then I found the chat room. And a 9 day bender ensued. What do you mean fat positive? You guys really think a person being fat is a good thing? What do you mean I'm sexy? I was shocked. I wasn't sure what to think. And I had no idea this was a dating site. It was overwhelming. 3 weeks later (when I came down from cloud nine), I finally contacted site admin, and was told about the model thing. And it was, oh yeah right, the reason I came here in the first place.

I have made so many wonderful friends in the past month. And blocked several ppl on Skype and elsewhere. Golddigger my ass. I needed a job. And now I have one. And an idea of what to do for a career.

I was sick of having no purpose in life. And of feeling worthless. In this community I am valued. Because I have finally found acceptance, I am overcoming my fear and my shame about my size.

And also achieving financial independence, which was always my goal. I'm sick of living on disability.

So no. I am not a golddigger. Just a fat girl. Who needed this site. And these people. All of you.

And instead of giving in to agoraphobia, I went to a bar last night. By myself. Just a local pub down the street. But more interaction with real life than I had had in years. I haven't spent more than a day inside in over 2 weeks now.

I'm winning this battle. Finally. I will not waste another moment of my life feeling ashamed of my body.

By finding social acceptance I am learning self acceptance.

And remembering who I used to be, before I let the world convince me I had no value.
To then be slut shamed or poor shamed or called a Golddigger is a bit shitty. I do not believe I have done anything wrong.

That's just my 2 cents. Make of it what you will.

I thought I'd quote your whole post because it's so good I want it to stay up even if you leave.

There are a lot of 'normies' who are against Fat Acceptance as they say it's encouraging people to be obese.

I think it is wrong to tell people they should be fat just the same as it's wrong to tell anyone what they SHOULD be. What we have been oppressed by is people telling us what we should be and in the case of fat people it's that they should be slim.

Once you know that there are people who love fat people and people who love being fat then you know you're OK. It seems that this has been kept secret from you as it was from everyone here until they discovered Fat Acceptance.

It's now a very big thing in the main stream but has got rather a bad name as it's being promoted by feminazis. They are countering the pressure of people being told they should be slim and only like slim people by telling anyone who is not attracted to fat people that they are bad.

Acceptance is the key. To know what you now know, that fat is sexy for many people.
5 years

This thread is a fucking train wreck
5 years

Heyo,

CreamFilling:
But why do I get hatred from men when I say I want to lose? I'm aiming ultimately for 300. That isn't big enough for them. That's wrong too. What I do with my body is my decision.

And that is correct. And don't let the trolls get to you with this.

This community is in many ways a weird mirror image of society. What's gaining IRL is loosing here and vice versa.

And just like IRL, there are trolls around. People, that just don't care about the other person. They just want to get their fix and go.

What I'd like - here and in real life - would be, that those trolls are taken into account and NOT the overall peer group they belong to.

IRL, I heard hardcore feminists talking about "the men" being sexual abusive to woman and so on and no, madam, I'm not one of those!

So just to clarify - and I know, that you meant it this way in your post - we're talking about the trolls trying to convince you to not loose weight, not the male members of this community.

Ha! I guess, the old saying "don't feed the trolls" is actually meant for this community! smiley

FS
5 years

CatCat:
Posting premium content doesn't really give anyone "profits". It may just about cover the posters own premium access. So I REALLY would not bring up the prostitutes/johns thing into this.

It may be a bit eary to judge since we still haven't completed our first full month yet. However some users are already on course to top $100 this month. It may not be life changing amounts, but for the amount of effort involved it could be seen as a nice little side earner.
5 years

CatCat:
Posting premium content doesn't really give anyone "profits". It may just about cover the posters own premium access. So I REALLY would not bring up the prostitutes/johns thing into this.

I agree 100%
5 years

CreamFilling:

But why do I get hatred from men when I say I want to lose? I'm aiming ultimately for 300. That isn't big enough for them. That's wrong too. What I do with my body is my decision. Right now I want to gain weight. Later I want to lose it. Then maybe do some more gaining.

SlowLikeHoney:
I wish there was more honesty about the unfortunate reality of losing weight in this community, generally speaking. It's not something any of us look forward to, but sometimes it must be done, and it sucks to go through it "alone."

I've been in and out for years (I work with kids, so I always keep a level of anonymity and mostly stay on the periphery) and am unquestionably a feedist. I couldn't shake this kink if I tried. To have been told, at various points, that I am a "poser" for not wanting to gain any more, or losing for health reasons, is disheartening. The general attitude and policy in the community toward the dreaded D word--"the world is full of diet propaganda, don't bring that here"--is an understandable one, but I think it also further enforces the "gain or gtfo" mentality.

I totally get why this place is a safe space for body positivity and think that absolutely should be protected. But there are also many of us in this community who decide to drop a few lbs for various reasons--ranging from "doctor's orders" to "I felt more like myself at (x)lbs"-- and, in doing so, experience feelings of depression, anxiety, or even grief over having to override our kink impulses. That kind of thing really splits the brain and heart in two, and isn't exactly something you can bring up at a weight-watchers meeting. Fellow "dieters" who have always been at war with their fat don't understand what it's like to give up something you love, something that defines a significant part of you, for a deeper purpose.

It would be nice to see a normalization of these realities via acceptance, and an increased variation in what these fetish-related terms mean. I may not be gaining currently, but no one will ever tell me I'm not a feedee. In my heart, in my mind, from the first time I heard the term and learned what it meant, I knew it was the missing link; the spark that ignited the formation of my sexual identity when I had all but assumed I was asexual. It is who I am, even if it manifests in different ways as I try to find the sweet spot between my fetish and my other goals/dreams.

I'm not saying active gainers should have to put up with former gainers whining about dieting all over the site-- I can see how that would be ANNOYING, lol. But maybe a separate section of the forums-- hell, even a single thread-- for those of us who have been forced into retirement or are taking a "time out" would be a great way to be more inclusive, and send a message that there are all types of feedists. When we "practice" our fetish, and when we don't, we do it for our OWN happiness, and no one else's.

this
brilliant
5 years
12   loading