Food and recipes

Anyone remember maus mix?

Does anyone here remember Maus Mix?
5 years

Anyone remember maus mix?

Yes, here's an old post that I found about it. And my simple recipe that I used at the end.

Maus Mix / Maus Shake
**** Between 1305 & 3912 total calories ****
A lot of gainers like to drink a high calorie shake for the obvious advantages: you don't have to cook it, or chew it, and you can drink it down quickly for extra calories before you're body tells you that you're full or use it to top off after a meal when you are already full. Shakes are great at bedtime too. A shake tastes good or bad depending on what you put in it. Most of the gaining shake mixes at the health food stores are mainly milk protein. They are gritty and taste awful and aren't really all that effective for gaining fat. Fat being twice as dense in calories than carbohydrates is the our choice for a food substance that can pack lots of calories into a small volume. Most high fat drinks are based on cream which is high in artery clogging saturated fat. Polyunsaturated fats are better but monounsaturated fats are best and actually lower LDL cholestrol levels. The two common sources of monounsaturated fats that are olive oil and canola [rapeseed] oil. I have chosen canola because it is less expensive. However, you can not just add oil to a shake because water and oil do not mix. Fat can only be digested after it is first emulsified or broken into tiny droplets. Lecithin is a natural soybean product and acts as an emulsifier not only making the oil digestible but also eliminating the oily taste. This emulsion of water and oil is what we've called Maus Mix. It is our cream substitute. Lecithin is available in health food stores and most drug stores in liquid, granule, and capsule form. For our purposes the liquid is preferable. If you use capsules, just break them open and squeeze out the liquid inside. For granular, dissolve in hot water first.

Drinking straight Maus Mix would be a lot like drinking cream. Not all that tasty and most likely too concentrated to be easily digested. So rather than drink it straight,you should combine it with traditional milk shake ingredients: milk and ice cream, just using Maus Mix to up the calories. It takes several hours to digest the fat so pay close attention to how you feel during this time. If there is any digestive problem, stop drinking the Maus Shake and email me at once(There was no email included in what I was given).

Ok, now we get down to it... MAUS MIX!
Mix 4 teaspoons of liquid lecithin with one cup of milk and stir in one cup of oil. Stir or put it in a jar and shake until all the oil is gone and you have 2 cups of a white watery liquid.
Now for the shake... MAUS SHAKE
Mix one pint of ice cream with one quart of whole milk and add flavoring [I prefer chocolate syrup]. Stir until the ice cream is mostly melted. Add the 2 cups of Maus Mix and stir. Store Maus Shake in the refrigerator in a big plastic jug until needed. Be sure to shake it up again before drinking.
Calorie contents: 800 ice cream, 600 milk, 2080 oil.

Week 1 Drink one cup of Maus Shake, three times a day. 1305 calories.
Week 2 Drink one and a half cup of Maus Shake, three times a day. 1956 calories.
Week 3 Drink two cups of Maus Shake, three times a day. 2610 calories.
Week 4 Drink two and a half cups of Maus Shake, three times a day. 3912 calories.

My Recipe:
========

1/2 a batch a day (~1000 cal). (Equivalent to
1/2 cup oil + 1/2 cup of milk). Mix
this with another cup of milk, a cup or 2
of icecream and 2-3 tbsp peanut butter.
Be sure to use enough lecithin to combine
the oil and milk.
5 years