Gaining

How to gain while in college?

Hello, i'm in my first year of College and hoping to put on that freshman 15 and then some! What exactly could I do to help myself gain?
5 years

Thank you, yes it's buffet style. I eat breakfast in my room (cereal + whatever snacks I have).

Then for lunch and dinner I go the buffet style place (which is also the cheapest), and get 4 slices of pizza, and two sodas. They do have staff regularly around so I don't think I could get away with anything further than my relatively large portion.

I do like to hike and the university has a lot of trails. Obviously this could be problematic for my gaining... So I can I balance things out post-hike. (I won't be hiking all winter, that much is for certain. and I don't do it often enough to deem it exercise)
5 years

Right, the campus trails are 100% flat (i'd argue that the pinelands region as a whole is VERY flat and easy to traverse) and my favorite outdoor activity is fishing...
...Not normal fishing, with a rod, but going into the water with waders and a net in search of smaller targets. The fish everyone dismisses as "minnows" are interesting in their own way! And of course, to get minnows I could easily go by the laziest possible method if the campus allows it... baited traps, left overnight.

That minor tangent aside. I'll probably offset hikes by simply doing them BEFORE dinner, and then having a snack afterwards.
5 years

Late night pizzas and beer work great
5 years

I put on most of my weight in college from cheap fast food, frozen food and beer. Turns out student poverty is good for packing on the pounds as well as losing them!
5 years

memebird:
Hello, i'm in my first year of College and hoping to put on that freshman 15 and then some! What exactly could I do to help myself gain?

Fatteningfattyfat:
Definitely give heavy cream a shot. I don�t think there�s anything out there that can beat the price. 3 bucks for 1600 calories!!

At Wal-Mart it's about $3.50 for a quart, or 3,200 calories. Hope the OP has a mini fridge or something. Would also probably want some sort of flavoring. Hot Chocolate mix works well.

Probably half and half at first if it seems too thick, rich, or heavy to drink at first. Your body also needs to get used to a very rich diet, but some here report actual cravings for cream after awhile.
5 years

Back when I was in college I tried grabbing snacks between classes, aiming for things like bags of donettes honey buns and high calorie protein drinks. Dunno if I gained much but it was kinda a thrill trying to keep it low key
2 years