Gaining

What do you usually notice first?

pinktiger86:
I do not weigh often, but I can tell when I�ve put on weight. My waist band will dig in more and more til I look like a rising year roll. What do you usually notice first.

Being a guy and an old one at that. I too noticed tighter waist band of shorts and pants. I have a pretty big belly and I also carry a lot of weight on my buttocks, which is unusual for a guy.
5 years

When my jeans start pulling around my butt and thighs, I get those creases from where the fabric is stretched too tight.
5 years

I sometimes will feel a slight itch or burn at the edges of my belly where I have older stretch marks.
5 years

Shirts I would say. My belly already hangs over all pants and shorts all the time.
5 years

Pants usually. In the time I've been gaining there's been 5 times I've needed larger pants, I've only needed to go up one shirt size. By belly is really starting to stick out more when I'm standing and I can feel my shirts sitting different on my body.
5 years

I notice new weight under the arm pits and my upper thighs.
I also notice my arms as they rub on the sides of my belly or love handles I guess you would call it.
5 years

Thats a good thing Cotyledon IMO
5 years

For me it's leggings... when I'm fit and wearing the correct size my belly is covered all the time but when I gain 4 or 6 pounds leggings start to roll down exposing my lower belly and love handles
4 years

I guess I am a yoyo gainer. At the start of the year I was a little soft but toned up just from working an active job, my skinny jeans are a perfect fit for a slim me, but my shirts are usually oversized as I like them baggy.

Then I went to work overseas and started eating out as much as possible and grabbing cheap but amazing street food on the go.

At first I noticed my jeans getting a little tighter but fortunately they stretched a little. When I went to get new ones I had to size up which I of course blamed on the brand and kidded myself that it was just a number.

I really had to acknowledge I was gaining weight again when I could feel my lovehandles brushing against my tees and feel my belly jiggle a little when I was sucking in.

Then recently I decided to squeeze into the older jeans.. instant belly bulge, squishy love handles and a straining button!

Months of not paying attention to my eating and 11 extra inches of blubber around my belly and I admitted to myself that once again I was fattening up and I like it.

Now its past Christmas my jeans are straining more, my belly is wobbling, bulging over my waistband and I haven't even been stuffing like I used to yet!
4 years

I get the same cue every time I gain more than 5+ lbs.!

First, my thighs feel more tightly squished together, particularly on the upper back half of them.

Soon after, my butt starts feeling noticeably heavier and with that my lower back muscles will get sore from effort if I walk or stand for too long. It’s the muscle group at the top of my butt where it meets my back, and my recent gain up to 330 means just standing can feel like powerlifting!
4 years