Fat experiences

How to tell if friends notice you gained....

I think there is more and more tolerance about other people’s weight. I gained a bit over the last course le of years, and my middle became very obvious. I was a little worried about reactions from others, but i only heard very minor comments. Way less than I thought I would hear.
5 years

It was after +50lbs that our friends' response to my wife's weight went from "no, I didn't notice" to...... "no, you look good".

It has been funny to see her up 50lbs when hosting parties, pigging out, gut hanging out and still some friends would deny that they noticed her weight gain when it was brought up in conversation. People just try to be nice.
5 years

I was in sauna with my friends (female) first time since my weight gain. They knew I had gained weight mostly due to medication. Noone mentioned anything but I noticed how they once in a while glanced as interested/surprised how fat I had become.

We were all naked so it was quite visible to everyone...
5 years

The little butterball's friends noticed once his habits changed. Instead of going for a run or doing something else that was active, he wanted to stay in. Things of that nature.
Many of his friends are employed and so some of them have drifted away, but I can tell by awkward pauses that they definitely notice how fat he's become.
5 years

My friends don't say anything directly but I have had guys pat my belly and say "My you look healthy" or "You look like you have been enjoying yourself". When going out to eat other friends (male and female) know I often cannot sit a booth so they ask directly if I think I will be comfortable or can fit. I am very open about telling a waitress I am too fat for your booths so could I have a table please. They will often smile at me in recognition that they like that I am so open about being fat.
5 years

Yes friends don’t really say anything unless you have not seen them for a long while ....or it was the initial gain going from thin to fat. But I had a client who I met a year ago and only conversed on the phone after our initial physical meeting ......them met up earlier today. She said Wow....I almost didn’t recognize you. I said “why” and she said “you were so thin before”. So I thought back to when we met and I was at my lowest in a long time....220-225 lbs. I knew for the past 2 months currently I had been eating more than usual and have been gaining again.....and didn’t realize what I weighed when I first met this client initially before we sa each other again. I patted my belly and asked if i was getting to Fat....she laughed and said “you look better....you were to skinny before”. I did have a sudden urge to eat more all of a sudden and stuffed myself at lunch and then went to weigh myself at my gym in my dress clothes 248 lbs. so I guess there was a noticeable difference and my client was right.
5 years

My friends don't say anything direct, but I have gotten less direct indications. One asked if I still exercised and another said "I can't believe you ate all that" when we were out for dinner. One friend I hadn't seen in years said she didn't recognize me. And my favorite was when a female friend poked my belly, noticing how fat i got, and then when she was shocked how far her finger went in, she kept poking again and again slowly as if exploring my fatness haha.
5 years

person12670:
My friends don't say anything direct, but I have gotten less direct indications. One asked if I still exercised and another said "I can't believe you ate all that" when we were out for dinner. One friend I hadn't seen in years said she didn't recognize me. And my favorite was when a female friend poked my belly, noticing how fat i got, and then when she was shocked how far her finger went in, she kept poking again and again slowly as if exploring my fatness haha.

I think there are a lot of women as well as guys .....that have a secret fascination with Fat. Not to the degree we all do ....but I definitely think they are intrigued although they might not seek it out for a relationship ....but how many women or Men do you know that don’t seem to care and actually like that there spouse fattened up after being together for a while. Not all the time but they seem to like it a lot more than not liking it.
5 years

person12670:

voluptuouslover:
I think there are a lot of women as well as guys .....that have a secret fascination with Fat. Not to the degree we all do ....but I definitely think they are intrigued although they might not seek it out for a relationship ....but how many women or Men do you know that don’t seem to care and actually like that there spouse fattened up after being together for a while. Not all the time but they seem to like it a lot more than not liking it.

If it weren't for the social stigma and people weren't so chicken they would probably be more open about it
5 years

person12670:

voluptuouslover:

Startnew:
If it weren't for the social stigma and people weren't so chicken they would probably be more open about it

I agree!
5 years
12   loading