Fat experiences

Own weight perception

I recently felt I may had lost some weight and also had the impression that my stomach wasn’t sticking out a lot. I weighted myself and found out I was at 190 which is in fact the heaviest I have ever been (I am usually around 180).

I noticed that the actual weight number from the scale often disproves my own feeling.

Does anyone noticed the same?
5 years

Own weight perception

I find I often guess my own weight incorrectly because I am also losing muscle, while gaining fat. Right now I am about 10lbs lighter than when I was as my heaviest weight, but I am definitely "fatter" in that I have more of a belly now. I assume it's because the muscle I had left is slowly turning into flab, which makes me lighter, but bigger
5 years

Own weight perception

I've just weighed myself after realising how much I've gained over summer, started off fit and slim and in the last few weeks I've noticed how my gut is clinging to 'loose' t shirts and my jeans are tighter than I remember. I have been a gainer before but this was accidental, always thinking I'll lose it next week, its only a bit of fat etc, but now I am accepting it and enjoying it. My belly is up over 10 inches from my slim size of 26 inches, which is usually around a 30-40 pound gain, but this time the scales are saying I've only gained 10. I don't seem to have as much muscle tone now and my fat is all blubber, so subcutaneous which is usually lighter, going from a busy job to a summer of food and fun has made me soft and unfit and turned my flat stomach into a growing wobbling gut!
5 years