Food and recipes

Liquid sin (cream-based, super easy)

So, I just noticed and discovered a simple recipe. I can't have these often or else I might end up exploding out of my clothes! I'm calling it Liquid Sin because it tastes so good and seems quite easy to suck down.

Lot of shake recipes seem to involve a lot of volume, which can make it harder for smaller folks to drink it all. Some folks may enjoy the extreme discomfort from being too stuffed but for most, probably makes it feel like too much of a chore and can destroy motivation. Not a good thing for adding pounds if you don't keep it up consistently.

In only 20 fl. oz, which is smaller than most large size shakes at fast food restaurants, you get 1,420 calories, 107g sugar (want to watch sugar a bit but better than most shakes out there), and 740mg sodium (a bit high in sodium but this is mostly the syrup, other syrup may have less sodium). May as well watch sodium. Doesn't help you add pounds and if you are adding pounds, there's enough salt in your diet.

Without further ado, the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 cup heavy cream (800 calories; 50 calories per tablespoon)
1 cup chocolate whole milk (220 calories)
4 fl. oz. Hershey's caramel syrup (400 calories, 50 per tablespoon).

Instructions:

1. Add 4 fl. oz. caramel syrup and 1 cup chocolate milk to a 20 fl. oz. water bottle (you probably have an empty water or soda bottle around.. rinse it out).

2. Put on the cap, then shake it very well until the syrup and the milk is very well mixed together.

3. Add 1 cup of heavy cream, put the cap back on, shake lightly to mix it all together.

4. Either drink immediately, or place the cap back on and put it into the fridge. You may wish to use a straw to avoid a vacuum, so you can keep sucking it down, perhaps even while you're sitting at the computer, in front of the TV, reading, etc. Drink it chilled.

It doesn't seem as rich as a shake/malt from a restaurant (though it's considerably more fattening), tastes just like a shake only more liquid and not as cold, it's easier to drink, and it's oh so yummy! Just typing out this recipe is kind of making me want to make another one.

I could probably suck these down all day, but I'm not a proper feedee. Just thought this might help someone.
5 years