Food and recipes

The ultimate fattening peanut butter

Is the only place you can buy Maltodextrine is in a specialty shop?

Does Walmart sell it?
5 years

Smile, seems like this would be perfect, if I were to get cold feet with regards to my gaining.
I usually drink heavy cream, as my go-to FAT source.
5 years

chubbynate:
I just made some of this and it's fantastic. Here's what you need.
1. microwave oven or another way to warm peanut butter.
2. One 16 ounce jar of natural unsweetened peanut butter. You need the thick natural style, not the crunchy version.
3. 1 cup of maltodextrine powder such as carbo gain, etc.

Put the peanut butter in a bowl and mix in the maltodextrine powder. Take your time blending it. Make sure that get it even. It will take on the texture and appearance of peanut butter cookie dough. When finished put it all back in the jar and let it sit for at least an hour. If you find that it's too thick you can add a tiny bit of peanut oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil to moisten it back up. After it sits the maltodextrine will dissolve and the peanut butters texture will be almost back to normal.

Eat it how ever you like including straight from the jar. You will be giving the jar nearly 400 more calories of pure carb based calories and your peanut butter will be much more enjoyable and fattening.

When I do get my carbogain, I want to try this. Would I not get the same effect if I eat 400 additional calories from something else?

What benefit does Carbo gain add to the peanut butter? Would I get the same effect from drinking heavy cream with my peanut butter?
5 years