Gaining

Belly hang?!?

I don’t know your height, but unfortunately the taller you are, the better your body is at hiding the weight. I am 400 pounds now and do not look nearly as big as I thought I’d be by this weight and my belly still doesn’t really hang much at all.
5 years

Belly hang?!?

Find a way to get your body to lay down subcutaneous fat, whatever I am doing seems to be working, plenty of carbs, sugar, and trans fats, I'm not that big for this site but still when I'm empty my belly is beginning to hang and has a good wobble to it too
5 years

Belly hang?!?

ExSkinnyGuy:
Find a way to get your body to lay down subcutaneous fat, whatever I am doing seems to be working, plenty of carbs, sugar, and trans fats

becomingoverweight:
Well, those three things are far better at creating visceral fat than subcutaneous fat. This is evident from both scientific studies and your descriptions of you having a lot of fat in your belly.

Transfats make you gain visceral fat
Trans Fatty Acids: Effects on Cardiometabolic Health and Implications for Policy
Prospective study of the association of changes in dietary intake, physical activity, alcohol consumption, and smoking with 9-y gain in waist circumference among 16 587 US men.

From my post Compendium of Fat Studies:

Shows isocaloric diets can redistribute fat from one fat deposit to another. The high carb diet increased visceral fat and decreased subcutaneous fat. The high fat diets of dairy or olive oil did the opposite. The dairy was more effective though at improving fat distribution.
Monounsaturated Fat�Rich Diet Prevents Central Body Fat Distribution and Decreases Postprandial Adiponectin Expression Induced by a Carbohydrate-Rich Diet in Insulin-Resistant Subjects

So while carbohydrates and transfats will make you gain subcutaneous fat, they'll also make you gain a lot of visceral fat as well(especially the transfats). That's not good if you don't want to get metabolic syndrome or if in this case you want your belly to hang.

Once again I recommend using dairy to gain.

Do you recommend anything other than heavy cream? Just tying to get some variety.
5 years

Belly hang?!?

Thoughts on egg nog? Some have a really high sugar content compared to heavy cream but it's a send like a welcome alternative in regard to taste.
5 years

Belly hang?!?

Thoughts on egg nog? Some have a really high sugar content compared to heavy cream but it's a send like a welcome alternative in regard to taste.
5 years

Belly hang?!?

nocturnalambient:

becomingoverweight:
I looked up the nutritional data for several eggnogs and they are probably way too sugary to healthily gain with. Have you tried gaining with cheese instead? There's a great variety of flavors in cheese and you can eat it hot, melted, or cold.

Also, how's your visceral fat loss coming along?

It's going well. Cardio is kicking my ass and my fat jiggles around so much
5 years

Belly hang?!?

I'm 320+ I haven't weighed myself in 2 months but my gut hangs as much as I thought it would at this weight but it doesn't hang enough
5 years