Lifestyle tips

Pants not fitting well anymore while sitting

So folks, I’ve finally put on enough weight that I’m getting a gut, and it’s giving me trouble with my pants/belt. It’s not even large, but the situation is uncomfortable enough throughout the day that I get distracted and less productive.

So my pants still fit while standing—quite well actually. I actually have to wear a belt to keep my pants around my hips. But when I sit down, I’d have to actually undo my belt, button, and zipper to actually be comfortable. Which I’m told is frowned upon in public. As is, my belt/waistband are cutting into my sides and the area right under my belly/above the (slightly) fat pad.

Anyone know a good way around this? Do I need to buy different pants?
5 years

Your shape changes between standing and standing. You need stretch pants which will change shapes with you.
5 years

johnxyz:
Your shape changes between standing and standing. You need stretch pants which will change shapes with you.

I like this idea of stretch pants, could you post a link to them here?
5 years

eats:
Suspenders work well. You can get bigger pants and they will hold them up.

I'd try them, but they look really funny with polo shirts.
5 years

Thanks for the suggestions, folks!

Fun fact, on the topic of stretch pants, I have a pair of stretch joggers that look like jeans, but I totally forgot about them. They have an elastic waistband and draw string. Wore them for the first time in like two years yesterday. I’ve not been so comfortable in... well... I guess the last two years.
5 years