Fat experiences

Getting fat as a former fitness buff

*Raises hand*

I started out skinny in high school, but got into shape in my late teens into my twenties.

The reaction has been pretty consistent across the board, especially with the people that I haven't seen in a long time - shock mostly, with a bit of time needed for them to process my transformation.
5 years

I weigh more than twice what I weighed when I graduated high school. 140 pounds then - 327 pounds now. I wouldn't mind doubling my weight again.
5 years

I haven’t doubled my weight or have any claim like some folks here but it’s getting close. In 1993 I weighed 137 lbs, at 5’ 6” when I started working out. I got into power lifting and added a it of muscle and fat. I eventually got up to 230. I lost and gained the same 20 lbs a couple of times. I’m back up to 227, going for 230 again, then maybe 235-240.
5 years

Describes me too. I used to be super fit and obsessed with health and fitness. I was 170 lbs or less at my thinnest but let go, stopped exercising, and got to 253 lbs and completely out of shape. Definitely a few reactions... mostly stares and indirect comments... one or two people poked my gut... doctors of course were concerned... but overall not as much reaction or commentary as I would have guessed from people.
5 years

Me too. I was 175 lbs. in high school and stayed there until my mid-30's. Began slowly packing on the lbs. and over a 12 year period put on 130 lbs. reaching 305 lbs. Have settled in around 285 lbs. and discovered I love gaining weight and being fat.
5 years