Gaining

First time gaining, would like advice

Congratulations on your decision! Here are some suggestions about the cream.

The cream will be easier to drink if you eat something with it. The obvious choice is to eat some cookies with the cream. Not only will it set in your stomach better, but a few more calories from the cookies is good too!

If it still seems to thick for you with the cookies, try mixing a little bit of whole milk into the cream until you get used to it. Sometimes it helps to add chocolate syrup or something similar to the cream as well.

Another idea is to break your cream up a little. Half of it at breakfast, half of it with cookies for a bedtime snack for example. You may find that 250ml in the morning and 250ml at bedtime is easy this way.

There does seem to be a delay in the gain, and seems to vary for different people.

Finally, it is best if you drink the cream every day for an extended period. You have the opportunity to get used to it that way... you may find you really like it after a while (I do). And the gain will tend to level out and be more consistent.

If you want to get used to it, a week is probably not long enough. I believe it is better to commit to 30 days or so. You will probably find yourself used to it and enjoying it somewhere in that 30 days.

I hope this is helpful!
5 years

Oh sorry, forgot one of your questions.

It is certainly going to affect you by making you gain weight.

It is probably going to be "good fat" under the skin rather than "bad fat" around your organs.

How much or how fast you gain is going to depend on your level of activity and what the rest of your diet is like.

Cream may impact your level of activity somewhat. Some people find that cream makes them feel lazy ... kinda like turkey dinner. Others (like me) actually find it makes me more energetic. Let us know what you think!
5 years

becomingoverweight:
Fatchance, I think their issue with the heavy cream is due more to it's viscosity than the flavor. I'm not sure how sugary cookies would help with that. Also, sugar doesn't have a healthy effect on fat distribution so it's probably not the best thing to gain with.

If the cream is too thick for you, you could try diluting it with milk or half&half. You could also just drink half&half instead. You could also try spacing out your consumption of the heavy cream throughout the day.

I agree, that is why I said:

"If it still seems to thick for you with the cookies, try mixing a little bit of whole milk into the cream until you get used to it."

And

"Another idea is to break your cream up a little. Half of it at breakfast, half of it with cookies for a bedtime snack for example."
5 years

Ok, so this is an SWAG (Scientific Wild Assed Guess!).

Assuming you don't change anything else in your diet, the 250ml of heavy cream per day every day, will ramp up to about 1.5lb gain per week.

Obviously, adding cookies or something to it will help, and ramping up to 500ml per day will increase it.

Maybe you want to ramp up to 250ml with breakfast, and dinner, with 250ml more with cookies before bed!

That is probably more like what you have in mind. Just work up to it over a couple weeks.
5 years

more calories will help. the trick with lots calories per day is t do it every day. This gives your body a chance to adjust so can absorb all those calories.

With the metabolism you describe, try 6500 cal per day for a few weeks and adjust from there
5 years

@ChloeMelody - I reckon every individuals reaction will be different (as far as how much they gain)... Diluting it as people have mentioned is the best way to make it not so thick. I mix it with D chocolate milk, if I don't want to feel 'heavy' for that day, or two...

I don't know really how to explain it, but I noticed that if I drink some HC, (does not matter if its 250ml, 500ml, and even 1L )... My belly will feel odd. It is almost as if the HC digests differently (aka takes longer), and it feels like a very slight sludge on the bottom of a pool of water. The energy density (calories) of it is very high, so it kind of makes sense (though I am NO health advisor LOL!)

After all I read over the past year, I reckon perhaps HC isn't for everyone. You might try grazing it (drink a sip or two here and there, throughout the whole day).

*IF* you can get to like it, it certainly will gain you fast. Especially if you can up to a litre a day
5 years

Eat
5 years