Feedback and suggestions

Option to turn off private messaging

It would be a great option to have. Especially since we only get five views a day and women get tons of messages, especially if they have pictures.

I would be totally for a completely optional block on private messages, too.

This goes for the chat room too. If you want to encourage more conversation, have the power to turn off the messages.

I'm with you!
5 years

Vanity Fair:
I would really, /really/ love the option to turn off private messaging.

I get a lot of messages that are absolutely boring, unoriginal, or condescending. This is at least 90% of the messages I receive. I find that on this platform, people are super friendly in comments but in mail, they question my chronic medical conditions and make me feel very uncomfortable.

I could block all the people who message me, but that's like putting a bandaid on a broken leg.

could we please have the option to disable private messaging for our accounts?

I'm so tired of messages from boring condescending dudes.

An messaging whitelist would be a nice addition as well if you were to turn on this feature.
5 years

StarSmoke:
I've been repeating myself about this for years now... GIVE US MESSAGE PREVIEWS! Why don't we get to read he first couple lines in messages to determine if they are worth our time to open them or not?

I can see this would be useful and sorry that you're frustrated about it. It's just takes time to go around all the various sections making improvements. The messaging section will get to the top of my development again eventually smiley
5 years