General

What size and weight is a bbw?

I think it's not about the numbers, as people have not just different heights, but also different fat distribution.

Most people using that term would define anyone good looking and with even just some extra padding a BBW. An SSBBW would start when one starts to get to a size where most things are not designed for (furniture, cars, booths).

But if you are interested when is someone fat, not just chubby, I would say you are no longer just chubby, when
- your belly sticks out even if you try to suck it in
- you start feeling the limitations of your body, many common activities are not as easy as before.
- your size is the first thing most people will remember you for when seeing you the first time ("that fat one" )
5 years

I guess it depends on the person. I’m 5’4 and didn’t consider me one tell I was 190 and a size 16-18 now I’m 266 and a size 20-22.
5 years

According to the clothing industry, it is size 14. There really is no fool proof method. If you go by weight, a woman could be 4'8" or 6' 1". If you go by clothing size, a woman could be a size 10 bottom and a size 14 top. Most people agree that BMI measurements are meaningless.
5 years

I actually did a study of this on Feabie, since women on there not only post their BMI but can categorize themselves as BBW or not. If you have a Feabie account you can see this:

www.feabie.com/Photo/Details/e908fab9-592d-462b-a5ec-67a0751c3eb1

Note that 50% of women consider themselves BBWs if they're at 29 BMI or up. 29 BMI is just below 30 BMI, which is considered "obese".

After 40 BMI pretty 90% to 95% of them consider themselves BBWs.
5 years

Ffox:
I am 5ft 5 and I wanted to know at my height when I would be considered a BBW?. Im like 150ish now. Just wondering trying to look online didn't help me at all. I have no clue of my clothing size I just know that it's over size 14.

To answer this question: According to my study, when you get to 175 pounds, a slight majority of women would consider you a "BBW".
5 years

And once you get to 241 pounds, 90% of women would consider you a BBW.
5 years

I reckon those weights mentioned are pretty accurate.

I feel BBW is when you really no longer can really call yourself just plump anymore, *nor* hide your belly anymore smiley
5 years

Ffox:
Thank you I just wish there were more socially positive terms for women that are plus size. Lol thats like another 90 pounds lol

What's wrong with "curvy"?
5 years